Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Hmm lets say that I am 'reaping rewards' @Sophia1 .. ok

in general., yes, last week or so, no. Am I following Plan ? Yes, mostly and a bit slowly perhaps but getting there

Good you are up front and centre when needed @Sophia1 

Yes the pesky bug is doing the rounds. Hope you and your husband can avoid getting too sick.  I up immune system with Vit D, Magnesium and zinc... and a lemon, honey, cinnamon and hot water mix.

Ohhhh nooo, really hope your hubby is okay and does not get seriously ill with COVID @Sophia1 . I expect if he is in the vulnerable category, he will be eligible to get the anti-virals which seem to prevent serious disease pretty well.  And it would be nice to think that you could avoid getting it at all, but I guess that's unlikely.  Take care okay?  💞

hi @Sophia1 my beautiful friend, 

i have been in situations many times i have been required to jump into action because of an emergency. it is amazing what we can do when we have no other choice.  i hope you and your family stay safe from covid, i still wear my mask anytime i go out, i don't want covid at all.

hugs

jacques

@Sophia1   hi sophia...  mate im sorry to here your hubby is crook, .... but i like to hear your battle stations approach.    in adversity the hero comes alive because it comes from a place of true love,...    for your hubby,     for family and friends,   the men next to you in combat.    some say its just survival ,   for me  its about love.  as for the chemist shop...  dont get me started...all those different coloured bottles.   people crawl into them and never come out....  if they ever manage to,  are they ever the same.    liquefied in the crucibles of the chemists,   forged into the stony faced acceptables.  sacrificed to the  new world order.......   i know that for many those pills are life savers,  forgive me ,  im just having a chemist shop fantasy..          i read a kite that appleblossom sent you,   very wise that one , i would keep listening to her.      i cant even find 2 socks that match for my trip to the big city..  ill get done what i need to with haste so i can do what i really enjoy..  just watching the faces of the people as they pass.   in my old  clothes im like yesterdays papers blowing across an empty street ,,   no one notices.... i can reach out and feel there stories..  maybe keep a few pieces....pretend the crumbs they dropped were meant for me...... lock down you say......    welcome to my world...       tonys moon base one   

Hello @tonys my new friend

I thought that I had replied to you.

I  cannot find it which means zilch with my non techno skills.

So I shall  write regardless.

Tech issues I am all too familiar with. I take far too long to write posts. I think as I write and I ponder and consider as I think.

Sane computer thingy does not equate with my style.

Sigh.

I have a whole plethora of unread messages.

I have managed to create my own little platform of neverending responses.

Not even I can access them.

Come what come may.

People start to think that I have given up on them.

I am forever apologising.

I have also a fair bit of family issues happening in the background. Life. Health also does not allow me to visit as frequently as others do.

I absolutely love the concept of the tin cans connected by an old ball of string.

Your recognition of the frail nature of all that connects mankind.

Friends do come and go.

This is mostly not a reflection on ourselves; who we are; moreso how busy their lives are.

Some make more effort to keep the connection happening albeit if it is only once a year.

I have this with a long term friend where we ring each other on our birthdays and chat.

The bond of the friendship will always be there as we both believe in this.

I like the place beyond the words thinking. Meets my mind.

The warm wind whispering into me...I am not alone

and then your message of "autism is just another word for normal."

I have erased the word normal from my vocabulary.

In fact I love the fact that we are all unique as we can all continue to learn if we listen to one another.

Can be a rare experience in many circles, however.

"They live in our world is an interesting idea. A truce in sight."

More understanding; ongoing acceptance still to come.

My son will not allow messages of hello. I will accept your offer and thank you as this touches my heart. People who know that I have a son and not his circumstances; rarely speak of him.

Including my own family as in mother, twin.

Too difficult for them to feel about someone within our family struggling mentally.

The subject has always been brushed under the carpet unless it involved someone they knew. Then there would be a brief statement of how difficult it must be for them.

As though it was the first time it presented itself in their world.

Their loss my son is unaware and still loves them the same.

I will look for your latest post and respond.

Sophia

who has no sense of direction and gets lost on earth base

well done you

a quick message @tonys 

If you receive notifications of replies you will receive a few.

I messed up.

Apologies about that; can be confusing and frustrating.

Welcome to my world at times

Back again @tonys 

I have rediscovered your last response yesterday 11/8.

Battle stations approach, I love it.

I need more suitable attire.

I definitely need a shield at times.

Chemists and concoctions.

This chemist shop fantasy made me laugh.

@Appleblossomand I know one another quite well now and experience many parallels within our lives.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Her wisdom is invaluable and often comes with a wicked sense of humour.

My kind of person.

Matching socks even CEO's wear different ones at times. I have noticed my own colourful choice at work years ago.

Interesting that you like watching the faces of people passing by.

I love observing others when at gatherings where the majority of people bore me or are incapable of having a conversation that does not involve "I,I,I"

This next part saddened me to read:

in my old clothes im like yesterdays papers blowing across an empty street ,, no one notices.... i can reach out and feel there stories.. maybe keep a few pieces....pretend the crumbs they dropped were meant for me...... lock down you say...... welcome to my world

I have items of clothing that are over 30 years old. They still fit. I mix and match.

I am thinking that you mean something else though.

Yesterday's papers hold a wealth of knowledge; once written turning into history to come.

They are a great resource and have so many uses.

They are recyclable and help our environment.

They provide company for some who love to read them.

They help light a fire and provide some warmth.

This is you.

You can reach out and feel their stories.

We;  the world can read your words and treasure your very own style of storytelling.

Lockdown is a dreadful term isn't it.

I do hope that reading words from others on the forums brings you some feeling of being a part of a community that is very different.

A community that encourages us to expand our mind somtimes.

A community where we have opportunity to express ourselves as safely as we allow ourselves too.

A community where we can offer support to others as you do.

We also can respond to who we choose.

Welcome to my imaginary world here Tonys.

Welcome to a community that can be whatever your poetic mind wants to make it.

Reality with nature is always with us.

Sophia

who lives in her own little world at times and that is just fine

Hello @TAB 

Reaping rewards is a start..let's just say...

Walking with new shoes a very wise move.

You are ahead of me if you are following a plan.

Keep on moving ahead at a pace that is kind to you.

Take care dear friend

Sophia

I'm looking at a plan maybe @Sophia1 Thanks
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance