Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Focussing on the positives-

S2 met his new gp today, and likes him. Ball rolling .....

That is great news @Faith-and-Hope

My darling is looking happier this afternoon also, hoping it can hold.out that way. I asked a friend to jeep her company while I was out this afternoon, kind of forced her to get out of bed, the positive company has made a big difference.

Keep her company lol 😊

Just found out the friend keeping my darling company today was able to arrange a councillor appointment at the local womens health, and with someone she believes will be a good fit for my darling. They refused to talk to me when I tried (seems they take a dim view of husbands telling their wives they need counselling) and it was all too hard for my darling to follow through on. Trusting that this encounter will be more productive than the last attempt.

Positive for today

My mum-in-law went in to hospital for an exploratory procedure this morning and has found out that was feared may be returned secondary cancer is instead some sort of fungal infection. Still not good but antibiotics much better proposition than anothe round of chemo. 

She was expecting to come home by lunch time but will instead spend the next week in hospital on an ab drip. 

Further testing re cancer upcoming but looking less likely. Such a relief...

20180216-195935.jpg

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Shaz51 @soul 

Big positive for me today...

Finally got the seepage drain on our septic system mostly finished today. Thanks to the very generous loan of a tractor with a front bucket from our neighbor.

I don't know how I ever thought I would get it done with a wheelbarrow and shovel when I see how long it took with the tractor.   Just have a little tidying up to do with our own tractor later in the week. (Different tool attachement).

Was hoping mybdarling would be relieved but she seems to have moved on to the next worry now 😞

S2 met his new gp today, and likes him.-- that is good news @Faith-and-Hope 

would be relieved but she seems to have moved on to the next worry now -- sending you knowing hugs my friend @Determined , it is for mr shaz to fix up when he is able

But Yesterday I fixed up one of his worries ,

Feeling positive this afternoon as I am able to contribute to something that is important to me 🙂 

I was able to attend a meeting this afternoon that was a youth engagement committee for the establishment of a youth mental health service in out town, (lol I am somewhat outside of the demographic they were expecting).  I am excited that we will be able to link into this organisation with our newly formed mental health peer support group at the university that a group of students including myself have formed.  It gives me a sense of satisfaction to be contributing to something for the benefit of others.  

As an added bonus I found out about a support network for carers of people with mental illness in our own town. This is something I have researched and previously been told there was nothing locally...   even within reasonable travelling distance, so I have received some personal benefit in seeking to help others,   Now I eagerly await relevant contact information to be forwarded as there is at least one other student at the university that I know will benefit from this info.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance