Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Chest pain and nausea

Hi

I get bad nausea and chest pains. My gp said its probably just my anxiety. My chest feels tight crampy and like its being crushed...
Im just wondering does anyone else get these symptoms and what did you find helps to relieve it?
25 REPLIES 25
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Chest pain and nausea

Hi @Former-Member, welcome to the forums. The symptoms you describe sound frightening, and frankly, should be a concern for any reputable GP. I am hoping your Dr has ruled out all serious physical causes before writing it off as 'psychological' (or in other words - irrelevant, to them). Anxiety / panic attacks can even look like heart attacks. Nausea maybe not so serious, but chest pains? Have it checked. Depending on your risk factors (age, smoke, weight, stress etc) it may or may not be serious.

Yes, i get a lot of this too, its been investigated as I have a lot of high risk factors, but results benign, date. One thing that helps me is relaxation exercises - in particular DEEP SLOW DIAPHRAGM BREATHING, a few times a day, when ya think of it, breathe and flop your body, just for a min or two, and particularly when the stress hits your chest like that.

If ever your breathing is affected - you need to ring -13HEALTH- for assessment or see a Dr asap.

Another thing is to try, grab some antacid tabs from chemist - if they work duringvone of these episodes -  you probably have acid reflux and need to adjust your diet etc

Hope this helps xox

Former-Member
Not applicable

They only took my bp which was normal.
Im only 20 i dont smoke drink do drugs etc. Im physically active but i have 3 severe mental health conditions and high stress.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes i get bad chest pains from anxiety. It's not easy I try to ignore it and just repeat to myself that it's just that and focus on what I'm doing. .. It's not easy. Hope that you get some helpful answers 🙂
Lj
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes thank you
Former-Member
Not applicable

OK, then you need to build up our skills with stress management.
- Healthy diet (lots vegies, protein, fruit & nuts), and water. Antioxidants clean blood.
- supplements, esp Fish Oil, vit-c & mag
- activity (exercise), sweat it out
- daily social contact, even its lifeline
- research all you can
- take prescribed meds
- see psychologist & deal with some of these underlying stressors in therapy
- drink lots of water
- focus mind on DOING and on positives
- be kind to yourself, ya own best friend.
Others will have dome ideas too.
Are you ok tonight?

Great advice @Former-Member

Look after yourself @Former-Member

Former-Member
Not applicable

ta oceangirl73, hope ya OK?
I got a storm coming, and a warning, and yes, finally, rain on my tin roof yay!
Former-Member
Not applicable

Ive got pains now thats what made me think to ask orhers about their experience.
Im on anti depressents which they honestly have no effect. And im on magnesium and protein supliments i exercise at least an hour every day and im seeing a psychologist but they havent really helped with the pain of it all.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Do you think it might be a good idea to get a check ip again by my gp?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance