Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Adnyl
New Contributor

Grief and emdr. PTSD

Hi, I’ve been a member for a few years but never posted. 7 years ago I lost 2 of my 3 labradors in a tragic event which brought on PTSD. Then 6 weeks later lost my other Labrador.  Fast forward to last month in which I had influenza A and tragically lost 1 of my 2 kelpies to seizures.(19th May). So only a few weeks ago. He was only 6 yr old. Since then I can’t sleep or only get 1 to 3 hrs a night because of nightmares of losing him has brought back everything from before. I’m currently undertaking EMDR with a new psychologist which I just started, so don’t know how it’ll go. Question is should I raise this with my psychiatrist next week or not because I know for sure I’ll be admitted to hospital again. But thing is I have my 2 new grandkids coming over from the Phillipines next month and want to be home to finally meet them. I’m lost and don’t know what to do. I need so extra advice from someone outside of my very small circle of people. I don’t have any friends around to ask and don’t want to upset my family with this.  It’s causing me a lot of stress as I’m not really coping at all with the loss. 

1 REPLY 1
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Grief and emdr. PTSD

Hi @Adnyl 

So much going on.

So many major events. Dogs are great companions so l hear and feel the devastating loss.

What do you see as the plus and minus of discussing with Counsellor?

Is there a fear?

I think Sane has Counsellors. I only use the forum. Apart from that l hope you can rest your thoughts and sleep. Sleep deprivation will not allow your natural instincs to work. So please slow the thinking down, sleep and refresh and your own thoughts will improve.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance