Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT

Oh, sorry @BlueBay . Thank you for raising that.

pwBPD = people/person with BPD

Re: LIVE CHAT: BPD for Friends, Family and Carers - This Sunday 3rd October 7:00-8:30pm AEDT

I believe that pwBPD refers to a person with or people with BPD

@Shaz51 ,

Panic attacks can be a symptom of BPD. People with BPD are often hyper-sensitive to their environment so that it can result in a panic attack.

I saw one psychologist who did see me for 5 years. He told me at the end of one session "sorry can't htlp you anymore" 

I left in a terrible state sobbing in the car. I had to call the CAT team. Fear rejection abandonment all came to mind. I crossed boundaries so many times. He would tell me to stop yet I round keep going. But he crossed the boundary by hugging me when I was so emotional. I did see him as a close friend.  Now I know they wasn't good. 
@BPDSurvivor 

Yes he is 15 now and has  had panic attacks which the ambulance  has had to come @BPDSurvivor 

How can I help  his dad to help his son 

@Meowmy ,

I believe part of your mum's need to 'control' things is that her internal emotional being is totally out-of-control. So by control you, she is feeling some sort of control.

Does your mum see there is a problem?

@BlueBay ,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. 

From what you have described, I really believe the clinician had limited understanding in working with someone with BPD. 

For BPD therapy to work, the therapist must be a good 'fit' for the person, irrespective of all the knowledge he/she has.

I too have had a therapist tell me not to return because he couldn't help me.

@BlueBay , I don't believe people are untreatable or treatment-resistant. Rather, these clinicians are simply out of their depth. 

I encourage you to keep looking until you find the right person. BPD is VERY treatable!

Hey @Shaz51 

I would say to the boy to take some slow deep breaths. Ask him a few questions like tell me 3 things you can see or touch it smell. It's like a grounding technique. 

once I had a panic attack while driving. I stopped and called 000. I was so bad. Couldn't tell them where I was. Eventually police found me. they assured me I will be ok, take some deep breaths. 

Hi @BPDSurvivor 

Thank you so much for sharing this part of your story with us Heart

The way that you described feeling ‘like a child trapped in an adults body’ makes so much sense and this is something that I repeatedly observed with some of the adults that I supported.

During these times, I found myself modifying the way in which I was interacting with them. As such, I ever so carefully and sensitively responded to them based on their developmental age as opposed to their chronological age - which appeared to be incredibly effective Heart

Take care,

ShiningStar Heart

A little under the weather here folks. Will watch along
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance