Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

I have to say I never really understood either. I never realised how debilitating MH can be. @tyme. I have a cousin with anxiety issues and I now get it especially since being in a severe anxiety episode. She also has agoraphobia. I’m now way less judgemental. 

Your poor little nephew. I hope he isn't too itchy and unwell. 

Im glad he is staying busy in his field. If he seems ok that is good. Would he open up if he wasn’t? 

Thanks @Snowie.

I don’t think I’d be able to hide my anxiety and that would bring up a lot of questions that I’m not sure I’d be able to answer. Especially when they ask what medications I’m on and figure out that I have an MI. 

I’ve just been sitting and watching a movie. 

I hope you are having a relaxing Sunday with your family. 

Most definitely! I agree! @Captain24 - Having gone through my own MH issues, I'm a lot more compassionate now. In the past it was, "Argh, get over it" or "Argh, get over yourself"... now it's more, "I get it...it's tough"

As for my BIL, I hope he speaks up if he's not managing... I really don't know. I'm hoping that is the case.

I'm having a break. I'll be back on later this arvo. I'll chat then.

Enjoy your break @tyme 

@Captain24 

It is hard to hide that anxiety. I totally get it with the medications list. I can't remember everything I am on these days, have to have it written down for my sake!!!

Hope the movie way a good one. Just sitting down for an afternoon of Footy. Hawks vs Bombers. I hope the Hawks win, or else I will have a cranky Husband and son!! 😁😁 

The list of meds is out of control! Im glad you have it written down.

The movie is ok. The 2 I watch last night were amazing 

I don’t follow AFL @Snowie. But if I did I’d go for the tigers. My NRL team is the tigers. 

Oopsss... read the wrong time. I'm having a break a bit later lol... so I'm still here @Captain24 

Hi @Snowie  🙂

@Captain24 yep I have my meds all written down. I guess they are helping so need to stay on them.

I was brought up an AFL fan and my kids are too. They didn't have a choice who they barrack for!!

I hope your NRL team have a good season this year 😊

It sounds like watching movies has been a good distraction lately. 

Hi @tyme 😁😁

My team is in the bottom of the ladder! @Snowie. The loser follows the losing team! Lol. 

I didn’t cry in this movie like the 2 last night. one of them last night had the line ‘I have an illness, I am not my illness’. That made me cry!

It has been a great distraction. I need to not focus on my thoughts and the fact that all I can do is sit. I have so much housework to do. 

oops @tyme 

That line would have made me cry too @Captain24 

I'm sorry to hear your team is at the bottom. Hopefully they won't be there for long.

I get the housework problem. Trying to get some done here. I have so much washing to do still and have already done a lot of loads.

I hope sitting is helping you at that it is getting a little better. H is out at the moment getting a massage on his back. Can you go get some help in the coming days?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance