Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Rhys
New Contributor

Having a hard time

Hi I'm a 22 year old and I've recently had my word turned around. I was in a 3 year relationship witch involved 2 kids for her last relationship. she was pregnant with the youngest when I ment her and by the time he was born we had moved in together so I was the man who brought him home and always saw him as my own. recently the relationship had ended she did it over the phone and doesn't want me seeing the kids and I don't know how to deal with this loss.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Having a hard time

Hi 👋🏼 @Rhys Welcome to the Forum.

@Asgard @Jynx @Shaz51 will drop by in the morning.

I just wanted to say I’m happy that you’re reaching out.

G

@RhysSorry to hear what has happened, it's definitely a very tough situation and obviously hitting you pretty hard!  There's not much I can think of to tell you that will make it easier, at least for now, but it will get easier with time.  You're still very young and have so much ahead of you.  Take the time you need to grieve and heal and then you'll be ready to find that love and happiness with someone new.  Someone who will the respect and love you deserve.  You're clearly a very caring person and sound far more mature than your age would suggest so i'm sure you'll find that happiness again with the right person and have a new family of your own. 

For the moment, it may help to keep yourself occupied with things you enjoy doing, or just spend some time with those people who care about you.  You could even look at a counseling service or psychologist just to talk things through with and you may find that helpful.  As I said, just give it a bit of time for now and then look to the future.  You have a lot of that to come!

Morning @Rhys 

Oh mate my heart goes out to ye, the world can be a very unkind place.  Not sure legally if you have any rights to see the kids, you could check with legal aid to see what they say. 

You are still so young and there is a whole wide world out there for you to see and explore.  Maybe take some time for yourself, maybe travel for a wee bit, go out with your friends. 

I know that you will miss them and it will be really hard at first.  But you need to look after yourself first and foremost, distract yourself with what the world can offer you in a good way.  You can do it mate................Asgard

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance