Skip to main content

Re: Best Friends Club

@tyme my wonderful kind slightly crazy rather wealthy and entitled with no common sense friends. Own the  apartment I’ve been living in, sold it 3 weeks ago. Happened very quickly, didn’t even get advertised.

But the rent free A-frame on their property was offered to me.

But a guy from NZ with a physical disability was living there. He had returned home to NZ.

My friends hired a mini skip and cleared the place out.

I’m doing the cleaning because they are really bad at it and very disorganised.

Like handing a 5 year old a sharp tool and encouraging them to run.

G

@Glisten @tyme @ENKELI @Shaz51 @Meowmy @TAB 

My daughter is returning from Hawaii tonight. Currently she is in Sydney waiting for her connecting flight. Apparently there are no chairs to wait in for check in so she is sitting in a corner on the floor. Nice welcome home to Australia 

Oh! That makes more sense then. 

It's kind the new owners let you live there rent free. Is this in exchange for something? I hope it all works out for you the way you need it to.

@Glisten 

@Glisten I admit to having a smile when I see I have a message from you too 🤗

I am tempted to send a batch of muffins to Glisten C/- Jlup PO.... 

There has to be an essential oil that smells like baked goods. You can get candles that smell like donuts and the like, I must see if the candle fragrance works well in a diffuser...

Good question about pulled pork, it's not white yet it's pork so is it in fact, the other white meat?

And if everything tastes like chicken, what does chicken taste like?

There is a bakery up your way that does gluten free and their lamingtons and party pies were pretty good. I can't remember the name, I think it was in Whitfords. There is one in Kingsley called Prague Bakery that is supposed to be really good for gluten free too.

I want to see Deadpool & Wolverine too, I don't have anyone to go with so I am trying to decide whether to go alone or wait until it comes out on DVD. I have 1 & 2 so will no doubt get that one as well.

I'm so glad to hear you say that about being pregnant and giving birth. Never having had the opportunity all of my "mother" friends have said I missed out, that pregnancy is something wonderful (even though these same women have told me about terrible morning sickness, stretch marks, botty fissures and emergency C-sections). I have often felt less than for never having had the chance to have kids and it wasn't until ex friend told me that giving birth doesn't make you a mother. She also told me I was more of a parent to her kids than their father was. I don't have as many bad days regarding her and the heartbreak she caused, but thinking about the kind things she did makes me tear up. Damn I miss those kids!

Thank you for saying that, I always wanted kids but it never happened. I am thankful in many ways because I would never have been able to travel as much as I did in my 30's. 

My hope is one day I will get to meet you in person so I can give you a huge hug and a dozen of my muffins.

You and my Sane fam are what makes my day a little brighter xx 😍💜💐

Hope she gets home okay @Oaktree 

@Oaktree good grief! Sydney airport is awful (in my humble opinion). I remember coming back from LA and landing at Sydney airport then having to catch a bus to get to the domestic terminal. I was grateful that I flew QANTAS because a lady who had been on the same flight as me to Sydney had to find her own way to the domestic terminal because she was flying Virgin to Perth. I couldn't believe it. Thankfully I didn't have long to wait because it was the same, standing room only.

Your poor daughter, she must be exhausted and then having to wait on the floor....grrr. 

On another note you must be excited to have your girl back. I hope she had a lovely holiday (if it was a holiday and not work!) and has some good stories to share. 

@ENKELI 

My daughter has been away 2 and a half years. She is studying in Hawaii. She is taking a leave of absence this semester 

@ENKELI wrote:

You and my Sane fam are what makes my day a little brighter xx 😍💜💐

Awwww... Thanks for sharing. I feel the same.

@Oaktree oh wow! You must be so proud of her, studying in another country and so far away. What an exciting return for you. I'm excited for you!! Lol!

@Shaz51 I know what you mean! But like @Glisten said, there is the downside of cleaning up the doggy land mines as well as vet bills. What you need is a communal dog, where you give it leftovers and don't have to worry about full time maintenance!