Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Wait what did I come into this thread for again? Oh yeah, ADHD!

Sometimes I function just fine @Shaz51 you wouldn’t even know other times not so much when either my brain works too hard or not hard enough, I like it when I’m not in a wave and I’m sitting in the middle though,can change in the space of a day though 

Sending you understanding hugs my friend @ArraDreaming 

At the moment Step S3 mind is going overtime 

Here for you my friend,  you can do this xx

How are your little ones going 

Waiting on a child psych to do an assessment on our eldest he may have the same it’s a 9 - 12 month wait and a

$1700 process though ironically my partner works in the field not that role but in the area but that means nothing when other people are also waiting @Shaz51 

they are both well though @Shaz51 growing up too quickly, little one laughs at everything I do, everything 

Awww your little loves you @ArraDreaming , soo adorable xxx

Is anyone else in this thread medicated? I think I need to go back on it but I really don’t want to. 

Heya @ArraDreaming welcome to the thread! I love that our little ADHD community is getting stronger! 

I'd love to hear more about what you said when you said "I think I need to go back on it but I really don’t want to." 

I started medication recently and it was life changing. And everyone has different experiences and I'm not an expert, so I don't want to discuss specifics of the type of meds ect (also with the guidelines) BUT I can answer questions about how things have changed for me? Would that be helpful? 

If so, ask away!!!!

Again, so excited you found this thread!!

I just don’t like how they make me feel in other areas, it’s like the benefits almost aren’t worth it @TuxedoCat 

I have been on and off different medications in the past but never found anything that fit right for me. 

also why the fuck should I need it why can’t my brain just work like a normal person??

And also my body relying on medication I don’t like that

Oh @ArraDreaming tell me about it! I feel that frustration SO much about my brain too. There are things about it that I really don't like and wish I could change. I just wanted to say a lot of us in this thread can relate to that feeling and it sucks. I hope you can keep sharing your thoughts/feelings on that with us here.

Yeah, that decision can be so hard @ArraDreaming, choosing between the side effects and what the medication is supposed to fix. I'm sorry you haven't found something that fits right. I know for me, it's taken a long time to find the right type and dosage and my psychiatrist was so supportive while I tried a bunch.

And I also hear the frustration about bodies relying on medication. For me, it was a long road to self-acceptance that my body needs lots of medications to function (I also have some chronic health issues) and some us will need that for a long time. 

Is there anything we can support you with with your frustrations? Like, for me, I follow some social media accounts which help me feel less weird lol. I dont know if that would be helpful for you?

Sitting with you while I fidget endlessly!
TuxedoCat

@ArraDreaming I'll tag a few other community members who could share their experiences if you like? 

hey @greenspace @AFK @horsecrazy4eva @maddison, how ya going? Jay5 was looking for some folks and their experiences of ADHD ❤️ 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance