Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

C1997
New Contributor

Cptsd/bpd

Hi guys I'm new hear, so I'm diagnosed bpd cptsd anxiety  and depression also think I may be neurodivergent. I was on a number of big pharma meds that never helped or left me feeling not like myself I've since come off all meds. My question is is anyone here tryed any herbals or natural  options? I've tryed quite a few but looking for new things to try 🤞

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Cptsd/bpd

Hey there @C1997 ,

Welcome to the forums!

I also have a diagnosis of CPTSD/BPD. However, I can't say I've tried herbals or natural options.

You may find that research into BPD shows there is no conclusive evidence that medication works for BPD. Whilst medication may support the anxiety, depression etc that may be associated with CPTSD/BPD, there is no clear evidence that it does much for the BPD. Rather, psychotherapy (talking therapy) has been shown to make the most difference.

Psychotherapy for CPTSD/BPD can include:

ACT

DBT

MBT

Schema Therapy

Narrative Therapy

This website may be helpful: https://www.spectrumbpd.com.au/information-resources

From my own lived experience, I am pleased to say I've come out the 'other' side of BPD/CPTSD. I've learnt a lot, and it's been a real journey of discovery.

I'm not saying recovery is 'easy', but it is certainly possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi @C1997,

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for sharing, I hope that you feel welcome and find it to be a supportive community.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, not having the correct diagnosis or treatment can be so dangerous for us. Especially when we have multiple conditions or challenges we must face with little to no support.

I don't know much about alternative herbal treatments, but will have a look into it and keep an eye out for any other people on here with similar interests and report back if I find anything.

Perhaps trying to find an open-minded doctor and a good naturopath would be a good start? As well as looking into different types of therapy that may be suitable, as the lovely @tyme has mentioned.

Wishing you all the best and hoping that you find the support that you need.

Take care.

@tyme 

It’s good to know you made it to the other side. I often doubt that I will ever make it through to a peaceful head space; the journey has been frighfully long. 

Thank you for the hope.

Hi there @BabyBear ,

How are things going for you?

Not sure if you want to visit Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script 

@tyme 

Hi Tyme, I’m can’t sleep cos I recently had my dad move in with me and my half brother. I recently got divorced for the second time and it hasn’t been easy for any of us at the moment. My ex partner has just moved out today into place of her own and got herself a job so she has moved on from me. I just want stability in my life which at the moment I’m lacking. Please reply thanks 

@tyme
Ok.
Thank you for the suggestion.
I'm fairly euthymic at the second.
How are you?

Hey @Flossie78 ,

It sure sounds a little topsy turvy! Have you settled in a little now?

I hope you are okay.

I wonder if the SANE forums can add to a bit of stability in your life at the moment?

Can you think of anything else that can be stabilising for you?

Hey @BabyBear ,

I'm staying warm lol. I've got the heater on and a blanket around me 🙂

Glad to hear you are feeling euthymic 🙂 (for the second anyway)

Any plans for the weekend? 

I just got a new roof installed at my place so I've got a bit of tidying up to do.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance