Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

ClockFace
Senior Contributor

Some great news

Got a call today, there was a cancellation for a procedure this Friday and they were offering the slot to me as I was an urgent case. I organised payment etc so instead of waiting until August Im having it this Fridaay, which means potentially Ill be out of pain early next week give or take a few days.

I super exited, it might just be a test but I can then move on with my life, get results and plan what to do next.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Some great news

Fantastic news, @ClockFace ! 👍

Thats good to hear @ClockFace I'm really happy for you as I know the type of pain you were in.  I used to have fibromyalgia and it was excruciating.  Wishing you a successful procedure and good health!

Great @ClockFace 

I hope that this procedure goes well and puts you out of pain finally.

Meggle

Best wishes for your procedure tomorrow @ClockFace . I hope all goes well for you and your family during your hospital stay.

Hi there @ClockFace 

So good to read some positive news! When you get a chance it would be great to hear how it all went for you.

Sending positive vibes,

Hanami

@hanami @Dimity @Oaktree @SmilingGecko @NatureLover 

The procedure went well, Im pretty dopey they gave me a butt load of pain killers once I came to. No idea if it worked as yet, too many pain killers going on to tell. Having a few shots of pain here and there and Ive been having some spasming and shaking. Tomorrow I should have an indication if we were successful

Pleased to hear the surgery went well @ClockFace ! Let us know if it was a success...

Hi @ClockFace 

How are things feeling today?

Thinking of you!

Meggle

@Oaktree 

Im still in a fair bit of pain but it seems to be coming primarily from the actual procedure and not from what they are testing which is good news. Another day and I should be sure. Im struggling to get over the sleepy juice/procedure this time. Feel pretty crap, got a headachy thing, that I think wants to turn into a migrain, keeps going into my eyes and I keep getting massive pressure in the back of my head coming up from my lower spine. Doin a fair bit of sleeping and a bit of writing but not much else. If Im not more with it tomorrow Ill call healthdirect and see what they say.

If it has actually worked theres another procedure that will give me longer term relief. Ill have to repeat it from time to time but it would lower the amount of pain killers  Im on and free me up lifestyle wise.

Thanks for checking in.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance