Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Mindful Mondays: New activity every Monday

Ahhh very good 👍💗 @Codex1 

Yes I much prefer Sudoku too 😀

Was interested a little in those things as a kid @Codex1 @Emelia8 but since being a grown up, been too busy and not had spare brain power. Sorry to be boring, but mostly trying to relax or get things done.

Thank you  @Paperdaisy , @Daisydreamer 

For the reminder,  I used to do lots of jigsaw puzzles until a couple of years ago , used to do a 500 piece in a weekend 

I have done up to  2000 pieces jigsaw puzzles,  

@Codex1 , @Emelia8 , I don't do crossword puzzles

@Appleblossom , @Peri , @Faith-and-Hope , @Judi9877 

Oooo! Jigsaw puzzles! Love them! @Paperdaisy ! 

I've got a question though. Once you've completed a puzzle, do you generally just pack it up for another say? Do you frame it? do you give it away?

I love the process of completing puzzles, but I really don't know what to do with the final product, esp when it is a 5000 piece puzzle! Hence I later moved on to 3D puzzles, and lately, this has transitioned to lego.

Also, sudoku - yes, please!

crosswords - no, thank you!

word searches - yes, indeed!

logic puzzles - yes!

tyme

@Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Emelia8 @Codex1 

@tyme , @Paperdaisy 

Mum and I have hundreds of puzzles 

Mum started first , she does them , leaves it finished for a couple of days and then puts in back in a bag in the puzzle box and she marks the date on it , some has dates on from 30 years ago , her favourites she keeps and does them again 

Some she has given away to the op shop 

One of our customers has framed the 3 puzzles of the " outback series " looks soo nice on the wall

Need to have lots of walls @tyme , @Rhye 

I have done ones with no boarders 

@Appleblossom , @Emelia8 , @Codex1 , @Faith-and-Hope 

Dating them is a beautiful idea @Shaz51. There is history in that for whoever uses them in the future 💜

Yes @Rhye , dating them is a great idea. I should do that with my lego. I've kept all the boxes so I can redo them. 

Thanks for the tip @Shaz51 ! Also, i'd love to have a wall of them... but as you said, I'd need many walls.

tyme

Could not do that with my Legos @tyme 

Between my step children and the children I looked after through day care at home 

Legos did not have a chance of staying together but they had years and years of enjoyment and we all spent hours playing with  them 

@Daisydreamer , @Rhye 

I never grew up with many jigsaws around and mostly chipped in with other people's. Its not been a problem for me. I am hoping my grandson visits soon and can play with the toys and puzzles we still have left over from my kids. Otherwise they go to waste.

Dropped a few hints today.  I think they are allergic to coming over the Westgate bridge.  Suggested I was still available for help when he complained he was busy looking after little boy.  They just have to come off their high horse.  Any way I had a lovely 3 hours with him today ... the biggest hits with me, were him learning to take peel off orange and sorting through nuts and seeds as he fed walnuts to the chickens ... My son had his own 'wins' with him. 

Still praying that being open, patient, mindful, making small effective contributions, noticing the clouds etc, will increase regularity of contact.

Hi @Shaz51 @Daisydreamer @tyme @Appleblossom @Rhye and everyone here. I’m glad to see so much interest in this discussion thread!

I personally aren’t a fan of jigsaw puzzles- I’m too impatient with them unfortunately! - but I do love the pictures that are produced for them, especially those of animals and scenes! I think there are some puzzles that I would like to see converted into cross stitch designs for me to stitch but alas, doesn’t happen so I miss out.

As for Lego, over the past 2 years I’ve purchased a bit of it in the Classic range to play with but I’m yet to get around to actually using it. I think I got carried away with the whole Lego Masters TV show that was on Channel 9 and decided I must get some to play with. I think my first adult Lego kit was a Harry Potter train kit that I purchased in Target at the Christmas toy sale back in June many years ago which is still in its box ready to put together. I’ve often thought of selling it but my housemate and best friend won’t let me as she’d love to have it instead since she’s a big fan of Harry Potter stuff and buys the lego in that specific range. She and I both have the Hedwig Owl kit each but it’s yet to be played with. Isn’t it funny how a kids toy can be considered cool for an adult? 

I’m off to go and do some knitting to help me work through some stress that’s happening in my life at the moment so I’ll say goodbye for now! I find that knitting helps calm me down and I can focus on just being in the present with the knitting doing wonders for my anxiety and other mental health issues. Right now, my Crazy Blanket is calling my name waiting to be worked on!

Take care!

Judi9877☺️💐🧶

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance