Forums news and feedback
04-01-2019 03:46 PM
JANUARY: Community Wrap
Well hello Carers AND Lived Experience members!
Now that this section of the forums is a shared topic area between both sides, we will just have the one community wrap 😃
Without further ado here are your reminders to those that supported the December wraps. @Queenie @Former-Member @eth @Teej @Mazarita @Hope4me @The-red-centaur @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @BlueBay @Sophie1 @Determined @Janiee
- It's a new year..rather than resolutions how about this (Lived experience forum)
- Unwell daughter (Carers forum)
- How to get a friendship back with someone (Lived experience forum)
- New year, new you? Pffft lets try a different angle! (Carers forum)
- Topic Tuesday // Parenting with mental health challenges // Tues 15 Jan, 7pm AEDT (Lived experience forum)
- Topic Tuesday // Supporting your loved one through a panic attack // Tues 22 Jan, 7pm AEDT(Carers forum)
In November of 2018 we launched the Anne Deveson Research Centre! A SANE initiative, the ADRC will survey 7000 people living with complex mental illness about their experiences to create a National Stigma Report Card. We'll let you know how you can be involved when the research starts. Or go to sane.org/adrc and sign up for the newsletter.
“Self-blame from childhood abuse is a difficult one also as we automatically blame ourselves for everything, all these years later. Those early years lay foundations, be they positive or negative.” @Maggie (Lived experience forum)
"So as hard as it seems at times... as horrific as the process is for trialling and changing meds... as challenging as the hunt for that one professional is who will be the difference... it can be done... i promise you... the sun will rise... and you and your loved ones, can be ok. Dont lose hope, keep talking... and take care of yourself above all other things..." @Tiggeroo (Carers forum)