Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: New user Re: Welcome to the Friends, Family and Carers Forum! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Welcome! @Jennifer59 

I'm Amber22, a Peer Support Worker here at SANE.

We are so glad to have you with us on the SANE Forums. 

I hope that you get the support and advice that you need during this time 💘

Sitting with you,

Amber22

Re: Welcome to the Friends, Family and Carers Forum! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Hi there. My daughter (17, in Year 12) has confirmed “BPD traits” (not an official diagnosis yet), so I’m trying to learn as much as I can. We’ve had a few really difficult years (Year 9 & 10). It looks like we we’re past the worst of that, but there are ongoing daily challenges.

Welcome @Antje ,

Thank you for sharing. It sounds like it has been a difficult journey in the past few years. 

You may be interested in Topic Tuesday // Supporting loved ones living with BPD // Tuesday 25th January, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT ; or

Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script 

BPD is not normally diagnosed until early adulthood as it gives the teenage brain time to 'settle' to see if BPD is really the issue, or if it is the typical teenage brain. Whatever it is, there are certainly ways to support your daughter (and you) at this time.

Hullo, I’m new and have joined in the hope of finding & providing connection. Some days I am very tired. My eldest child who turns 30 this year was diagnosed with schizophrenia six years ago. I don’t know about fun facts but I’m walking a lot more since recently changing cities and jobs. 

Hi i'm a mum of a beautiful 15 year old, we recently went to our local hospital

and were told by a mental health nurse that she may have bpd. we live in rural town and cant see anyone for a diagnosis for months, is there anything i can do to support her or her siblings  in the meantime

thanks 

Hi @Goldlining 

Welcome to the forums. I hope you find this to be a supportive community where you can share your experiences and connect with others, and I hope that telling your story has positive outcomes for you.

I'm sorry to hear it will take so long to see a professional to get a diagnosis for your daughter. It does seem like a long time! I'm wondering if the following resources might be helpful for you https://www.sane.org/search-results?q=bpd&option=com_finder&Itemid=1945 

There is also a forum for young people specifically called Reach Out https://au.reachout.com/ There is also a parents area where you can receive support as a parent. 

I hope you find some of these resources helpful and continue to reach out here for support. 

Warmest wishes

Hanami

Hi @SRP 

I just wanted to reach out to welcome you to the forums - it’s great to have you here 💜

Finding a sense of belonging and connection with other people who can relate to some of our experiences can make the world of difference and I really hope that you’ll find that here with us 😊

Wow! changing cities and jobs are massive adjustments and as such, I just wondered if walking was one of the ways that you take care of your mental health and wellbeing?

Sometimes it can take time before we find our feet and so I just wanted to share a couple of threads with you, so that (when you feel ready) you can meet some other wonderful members of our community 💜

The first thread that comes to mind is called Hot Chocolate! Basically, Hot Chocolate is a space where you can hang out with other members of our community and chat over a virtual hot chocolate or anything else that takes your fancy!

I’ve just shared the link to this particular thread below, just in case you would like to take a look 😊

https://saneforums.org/t5/Social-Spaces/Hot-Chocolate-Anyone/td-p/73121/page/2100

The other thread that I thought may be of interest to you is our Daily Check In Space where you can share how you’re travelling 😊

I’ve just shared the link to this particular thread below, just in case you would like to join in some of the conversations 😊

https://saneforums.org/t5/Looking-after-ourselves/Daily-Check-In-Space/m-p/1123847

Also, just while I remember, one of the things that really helped me when I was new to the forums and still finding my way around, was that if you would like to chat with another forum member, or reply to one of their posts, place @ in front of their username just like I did at the start of my post to you i.e. @SRP that way, they will receive a message that you have contacted them 😊

Please know that you’re always welcome to reach out to us here whenever you need to 💜

Take care,

ShiningStar 💜

Hi,

I'm a first timer here and really unsure of what to expect, but would love some support in some way. 

I really struggle sometimes with managing everyone's needs in a neurodiverse household. 

I work full time and have 2 girls (1 primary aged,  1 Highschool), with ADHD, one Autistic (but not yet officially diagnosed), one on spectrum + anxiety + other 'stuff', hubby with undiagnosed 'quirks', and myself!?*!

I'm generally a positive person who is capable and caring but sometimes it just gets too much. 

Mind the pun (I'm sure is been used before.. ), but how do I stay sane?!

P.s. My daily emotions... 🥴🥺🫣🤪😊😫😴😘

Hi @Charlii 

Welcome to the forums, it's so great to have you here. I'm a peer moderator here on the forums. There are lots of people on here who I'm sure can relate to how you're feeling. Lots of members with neurodiversity in their households! Do you have any support in place for yourself? This is definitely a good place to start if you haven't already!

Looking forward to seeing you around here

Hanami

Thank you Hanami 😊
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance