Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here πŸ™‚

Thankyou Floating Feather,

You made me feel so welcomed with your lovely post. My mood is so much better knowing I am not alone. I'm working on my self-confidence. I really hope I can offer support on here to others. 

Pleasure is mine, we’re all in it together! Don’t be too hard on yourself πŸ™‚ you’re much stronger than you think.

yeah fair enough, I think speaking to a mentor is a really great move! It sounds like you’ve already put several positive things in motion which is a great step in the right direction πŸ™‚

welcome to forums, glad to have you here! 

Hi Paulette.

Thanks for your participation and your help and strength to all.

Thankyou so much for the amazing support Sane gives to so many. I am so grateful to be part of the sane forums. I honestly feel stronger hearing these words of encouragement, especially since I am working on resilience at present. 

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I have struggled with depression and anxiety for a long time as well as to some addiction issues with alcohol. I am currently in a reasonable space but have been through some dark times. I have seen a psychologist which has been very helpful.

I am looking forward to discussions with other people about how they maintain there mental health.

I have 2 cats which are my fur babies and my niece has a dog which I love walking. I enjoy being creative and am just about to start teaching myself to crochet.

Hey @Allegra! Welcome! We are glad to have you here πŸ’›

Thank you for sharing your story. It is great to hear that you are now in a better space - it takes work! 

Pets and doing something creative are such fantastic ways to take care of our mental health. Love the idea of starting crocheting soon (I've always been too scared to try it myself, looks so challenging!). 

There is a wealth of wisdom here amongst all of us and I hope you can feel right at home πŸ’Œ

Hi Allegra,

Welcome and it's lovely to meet you. I do understand how you can feel when you have both anxiety and depression. I think the pets are an amazing support to have. I can't crochet but have so much admiration for anyone who can crochet or is learning. I am starting to excercise a lot more. I'm also reading more as it is something I love so much. Finding a hobby and giving yourself regular self care does so much.

Hi. Joined as of today. Recently diagnosed with GAD. I think I have had a tendency towards anxiety for most of my life. But the last 16-18 months it’s been building more, and the last 6-8 months it’s become more prevalent across my life. Reached a point where my coping strategies were not working and I felt awful. Went and saw my Dr and have started a medication about 3 weeks ago and got a mental health care plan. Had my first session with a psychologist yesterday. It’s so exhausting and pervasive, up and down. It really impacts my sleep too. But I know I’m just at the start. Here for support, hope, understanding and people who understand. 

Thank you for sharing @L12 . I am glad to hear you are proactive about what is happening even though it can be so challenging at times.

I encourage you to persevere. You are not alone. Sitting with you,

tyme

Thank you. I just couldn’t go on feeling so awful. I can see things shifting ever si slightly. Even speaking up about it has been freeing. It’s no longer just in my mind. And I can get help. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance