Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Mellysmellyelly
Senior Contributor

Hello all this is my 1st entry

Hello all , i am thankful 4 this opportunity. Both me n my husband have suffered depression and each take medication. We are both 60ish. I am a beginner gardener.

We are thankful to have loving marriage. My husband is highly functioning n works full time at engineering place. I don't work anymore. My husband believes someone is turning our friends against him. So recent social gatherings he has decided we won't attend even tho the people there respect us and have been very kind to us. In this way our realities differ. So I miss seeing our friends

I don't drive n we live in rural area. We both see same GP. I have asked him to review my husband's medication. This had happened on n off over our married life of 20 years but now is the worst time. I welcome any appropriate advice.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hello all this is my 1st entry

Hello and welcome @Mellysmellyelly 

We don't have  any friends as my husband thinks they say things against him 

Letting you know that  you are not alone 

@Jupiter , @Former-Member , @Determined , @Smc , @Anastasia 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Mellysmellyelly 👋

Seeing GP is a good first stop, past history and aging = 😵😵😵

Documenting this any other mood changes might be helpful.

Self care so important and do keep in touch with family/ friends, it can be quite isolating when our loved ones are unwell.

Thank you very much Darcy!

Thank you very much for your welcome. Oh dear, what, no friends? ... I recommend Jesus.

Hello @Schitzo Thank you for yr support. Still learning how to use the forums. 😊

Your very welcome @Mellysmellyelly, there are a lot of cool threads to explore. I like the community garden the best 🌸xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance