Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

roses
Senior Contributor

Having hope and a clear mind

I have experienced so much disappointment in my life that I got to the point where I felt like I had no hope whatsoever in life. I read one of the posts on here about someone who felt like they had no hope. It helped me feel like I was not the only one which helped me. I also felt like I had been through a lifetime of depression but see that I am not the only one and this also helps. I don't know if it's my medication or the depression, but I have a permanent foggy mind and I can't think clearly.  To everyone who is having a hard time I send my love and encouragement, roses 🌹 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Having hope and a clear mind

The same good wishes to you, @roses.

It does help to know we are not the only one feeling these thoughts or going through these things @roses .

You are never alone here Rose. There are always other members around who know or understand what we are going through. 

Its nice to meet you, and well done on opening your own thread to receive much needed support.

Love to you too Rose, and encouragement and hope for a better future.

Emelia 🌹

Thank you. It was a big revelation that I am not the only one who has been through so much grief for my whole life. I have had 6 breakdowns since I was 21 which is quite a long time ago. The last 2 breakdowns came out of the blue as I was taking my meds and I thought doing the right things, except that I was under a lot of stress. 5 out of the 6 times I was hospitalised. 
I am really glad that I can connect with likeminded people 

Once again, thank you for your encouragement. roses 🌹 

❤️👍

Hi @roses 

I can relate to your story of hope and isolation. I feel similar and it is hard when I'm down as my head feels like it's in a cloud and I feel detached and don't feel like I'm real. 

Take care 

Thanks petrichor for your encouraging words. A friend of mine once referred to the feeling as "feeling like a cardboard cutout " roses 🌹 

Thank you for your roses. I don't feel so alone & lonely reading your post. When I listen to classical helps me feel close to my husband. I had trama past life. I'm afraid of water & ocean. Someone tried to drown me when I was younger. I have hope when I read your post. My first love had a first girlfriend & they write to each other my comfort is that she is not his first love & never will be & never be a soft place to fall a soft woman  & soft home. & this helps my jealous & insecurity of always us being together forever & another woman & that we love each other. this use to make me mentally ill & insecure & I trust him. I was in mental hospital more than 13 times since 2007. I have lots of bad days where I am really tired & depressed & stay in bed all day & I can't get up & eat. I just drink shower most days & go to the bathroom & sleep all day. On good day I can up for a couple of hours & post. My husband helps me to brush my teeth

Hi Eagle whale, thanks for your comments. Hope you have a better day today. Something that has been helping me recently is reading. I've read a few novels and they have taken my mind away from my depressing feelings. I am very grateful that I enjoy reading because not everyone enjoys it.

Having someone try to drown you would certainly leave scars on your mind. Bed can be a good friend when you're not up to getting up. I get a lot of severe back ache and I lie on the bed or couch a lot.

Sending love and encouragement, roses 🌹 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance