Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Chidog1973
Casual Contributor

Bipolar 1 Mania

Hi I have Bipolar 1, GAD and Depression. I have been manic for the last month and have felt crazy. It's like I've been having  my own private party for the past month. I've been extremely elated, over happy, creative, over confident, feeling invisible., talking loud and non stop, listening to loud music in the car and singing, having limited sleep and overspending way too much money putting myself in debt. Question is how have you gotten through Bipolar mania before? How do you stop the urges to do crazy things? Any advice welcome! Thanks 👍 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bipolar 1 Mania

hey, i have BPD Comorbid, OCD, panic attacks, major depression, anxiety, dissociation, ect haha. 

i have just recently realised i have been in a manic/ dissociative/derealisation state on and off for the past month. with me my body goes in and out of it throughout the day sometimes i’ll be stuck like that for 2 whole days and then start going back in and out of it. 

i recently had a co-worker bring up old trauma by him being a very bad person. i then had to tell my boss my mental illnesses, my past trauma and what this person had done and said. and then my mind left my body for a good hour. still going in and out of manic behaviour.

i was in my room for 2 days going over the situation and conversations trying to be a detective and have a revelation. looking back now i feel like a crazy person but i guess that’s just who i am. my boss said to say gifted or special or different not crazy haha. 

Re: Bipolar 1 Mania

Hey there @daisyp 

I am sorry that you're experiencing a lot right now, and I wanted to reach out and say that you're not alone. Thank you for sharing what you're going through on the SANE forums and I really hope you can get some advice from others in this thread too. 

That's totally valid and understandable that you may have been triggered by similar behaviour that happened in your past, and that might be the reason what you're feeling is really intense recently.

Do you currently have any supports (informal or formal) that you can speak to about what you're feeling right now? 

Sending hugs and sitting with you,

Amber22

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance