Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Pos888
New Contributor

Manging schizophrenia

Hi all 

I living with schizophrenia, intellectual disability and GAD does anyone have some advice and know where I get help.

I currently don't know what to do with my life one day it's this thing when the other day is another thing.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Manging schizophrenia

Hi @Pos888 ,

Welcome to the forums!

It's great to have you connect with us and I hope you will find support, connection and belonging.

If you want to tag anyone into your response (e.g. reply to someone), type "@" in front of their name. Like this @tyme 

See you around the forums!

@Pos888 

Electricity from magnetic pole variations and frequencies [both manmade and natural] go against our head.

We shape these into the subconscious.

The sub, as opposed to dom.

The con, as opposed to pro

The 'suss' as opposed to sense.

They are inherently against us but we shape it as it is.

Everyone has this, not just you. 

You just notice it more.

It has always been a shadow over things.

But when you notice it more you will part the shadow.

Pierce through them.

It can never be with, only an interruption.

That's all they are.

Learn to hate the subconsuss and part the shadow.

Hi and welcome, @Pos888  , it's good to have you here.

Do you have any professional support? Like a counsellor, mediation, psychologist or psychiatrist?

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

That sounds like it sucks, having no idea what’s causing what and having conditions interplay.

You are a whole person, not just a collection of illnesses.

What kinds of things do you do to soothe yourself when it’s all overwhelming?

What kinds of things do you do as a favour for your future self?

Getting better at these two things can really make a difference to how hard the rest is.

Hi @Pos888 

It's tough being diagnosed with that illness, traditionally there has been not a lot of support for sufferers. I'm sure the doctor or psychiatrist who diagnosed you can put you in touch with support services, especially if you have an intellectual disability. Don't lose hope, life can still be ok, just go back to your doctor or psychiatrist or therapist and ask them for help.

Hi @Pos888 Ive heard the hearing voices groups are really good.

They are run in libraries or community centres and efryone who attends is a peer or someone with lived experience.

They sound like good ways to find a safe place to connect without judgement. Wishing you good journey on your recovery ❣️

Hi POS888,

just deleted my reply....damn!

basically, schizophrenia happens when you either do drugs for the first time in your 20's, or are genetically pre-dispositioned or have experienced some kind of assault and were not drugged first.

there are different types - delusional, grandiose, paranoid. doctors say paranoid is the 'worst' and sadly it is what i suffer from. I know I am unwell when symptoms like being overly apologetic and saying sorry alot, giving things away that i may need myself, concern that missing objects are actually stolen...these are the main ones.

delusional schizophrenia symptoms is when you lose touch with reality and what is physically possible. e.g so my friend who is on Centrelink blurts out 'I am going to Germany next week for work' well this is highly unlikely and impracticable given that they have not mentioned this previously, they are unemployed and also have no money. But this is just a brief basic run down to help.

Grandiose is when a person has an inflated sense of importance, symptoms of this one are when people believe they are extra - ordinary maybe above the law altogether. i cant write more on this one without doing some reading. its the one i have least experience with. 

which type you have depends on the type of assault you experienced (if assault was the cause). im not confident about how genetics or drug use determine which type you get or have though.

with hope for you I write that you might find it beneficial to make a time each day to sit and focus on what your mental health and stability looks like, write some goals out to help you eg contact mental health line, ring a friend or support worker, research on internet. You might feel more empowered and confident to choose a pastime / career / interest once you have given yourself a set amount of time to work through MH questions and issues each day....rather than let it get the better of you.

hope this helps. 

"i think i can" turned into "i knew i could." - Little Engine That Could.

You can do it!

take care 

MooWOoHoo

@EternalFlower
Just had a look at this group. Fantastic, great info on there. Shame seems to stop us from getting help and living our lives when it shoudlnt ☺

@mooWooHoo 

I've found 'scizophrenia' is just a term to describe somebody who is insightful, intelligent & caring. Why on earth people want to ki** them, I have no idea. We live in a reverse society, where evil is admired, wickedness is celebrared, & greed is the ultimate goal. Why are 'scizophrenics' so feared? Because they need to protect themselves from this. They know society is bad but cannot deal with it safely. We need to protect them at all costs, because a world only filled with greedy, selfish, narcissistic monsters would not be a good - they would ultimately destroy themselves.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance