Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Article - The End Of Schizophrenia

You are welcome @Appleblossom I can really connect with everything you are describing. I am really only recently opening my awareness to the dangers of 'psychiatric harm' as you describe it.

I still do have deep respect for medical professionals, although I was probably putting too much emphasis on 'blind faith.' I am still learning.

I'm (REALLY!) beginning to  question my mentality of "the others being the experts."

I have 'bought' more than I should have too. I think in regards to my own treatment & in my position as a carer.

Thanks for your wisdom & making my defining lines clearer.

Thanks @Appleblossom  Its a huge relief knowing my girl is receiving the support she deserves but has been a long time coming. Too many years to get to this point but I am grateful it now is happening. Still estranged from me but I know the team are slowly working on this. Meanwhile I can breathe a little easier knowing they have her best interests at heart now. 

I admire your strength as a mother @Krishna ,

hugs, tyme

Thank you @tyme often times not so strong. My heart aches to see my girl and some days it’s overwhelming. I’ve managed a few quick conversations with her over the phone these past couple of months but very flat with expression and cuts the calls short. I’m just hoping that sometime soon she’ll allow me to visit. 

Hey @Appleblossom that's incredible to me that you grew up with both parents sharing the 's' label. I was too excited that I could relate to the other points you mentioned, & my mind skimmed past it. 

Sorry. Thankyou for sharing. 

@Appleblossom and @maddison, thank you for tagging me and for the information. From my (limited) experience, I believe a spectrum to describe schizophrenia symptoms makes sense. Labelling can be prescriptive and confusing.

Hi @Pelican thanks heaps for your input. I also agree about the spectrum. Makes much more sense. 

Hugs @Krishna - You have been very patient. I do, deep down believe that patience will be rewarded.

Kindest, tyme

Thank you @tyme I had a longer conversation with my girl this afternoon. She seemed to be in a better place. Has just moved into her first ever rental and now has a boyfriend who has moved in with her. He must be a really good human as she is a very good judge of character and doesn’t let many people into her life. Her first serious relationship in 10 years. She’s bought new furniture which she was excited about and will be shopping for pot plants this week. She was cooking a meal when I rang which was also good to hear. So a pretty positive phone call after all these years. I’m taking things slowly and hoping her life continues on this positive path and that she’ll allow me to visit this year. I’m so happy she is in a place where she’s safe and being supported as she’s been through hell to get there. I’ll sleep easier tonight. 🙏❤️

That is so rewarding to hear that as a mother @Krishna - no wonder you say you can sleep better, knowing she is in safe hands.

Life experiences change things, particularly when our children have their own children. They’ll realise all the sacrifices you have made as a mother.

Till then, fingers crossed.

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance