Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Thanks @NikNik

Hi @Former-Member@TAB@Tanglefoot

Adge

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

I worry, like I did around my mothers passing 12mths ago yest that after/during the emotional ‘stuff’ I am confronted by my own mortality.. and see/well saw it is selfish but it reality I guess. And no one will be there for me when Im infirm and dying

Leaving Mr D alone the first time after he attempted was scary for me. Now 2 1/2 years on I do worry if he goes somewhere on his own.

Hi everyone sorry for being lazy with tags 😸

It’s not all the time but I usually guess when my daughter has decided she doesn’t need her medication and just leaving her for short periods of time causes worry. I’m also a shift worker and have rung in sick because I don’t want to leave her

@TAB - that is definitely confronting. It's not selfish at all.

Well me father is dying basically although no one knows when but its a one way street he is 93 and multiple health issues and has just been put in a home re me trying to explain why I’m saying what Im saying

Well. Friend since school told me he felt same way after his mother passed recently @NikNik

@Former-Member - understandable! Leaving him alone for the first time must have been a huge step.
It sounds like things are getting better now though - you are still 'worried' but would I be right in saying, it's not as scary?

@Tanglefoot - your story is so common, particularly around calling in sick for work when things aren't going so well.
I hope you have a supportive work place.
Is your daughter still living with you?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance