Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Contributor

Mind + Body Challenge

Hi Carers,

Did you know that SANE Australia has a Mind + Body program? We recognise that a healthier life includes both mental and physical wellness, and promote easy steps to improve the health of the whole person.

A healthy lifestyle is important for everyone, regardless of circumstances – tall, short, big, little, old, young, those with a mental illness and those without. Physical wellness can benefit different people in different ways, but there is one thing that is increased across the spectrum – mental wellbeing.  

I realise taking time out for yourself when you are caring for another is difficult. When we look after our physical health, we feel better, - fitter, more relaxed and better able to cope with life.

I’d like to share this short video with you about the Mind + Body initiative and what we are working towards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uycs9r8O0XI

Positive health behaviour change is linked with improvements in health and a better quality of life. These behaviour changes can be small – but can have a BIG impact.

This has prompted us to organise some Mind + Body challenges for all forum members to try throughout Mental Health Week 2014. My first challenge will be posted on Monday.

Are you up for the challenge???

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance