Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Struggling: TW suicide

@creative_writer wrote:
@NatureLoverI did write a poem recently which helped a bit. It is quite intense and touches on heavy topics but sometimes we just need to be very raw.

@creative_writer I agree. I did a lot of very dark writing in my extreme bad times. 

How are you doing today?

(I'm usually only around in the early mornings on the forums)

@Helpmeheal  I'm sorry to hear you are also suffering from suicidal thoughts 😞

@Helpmeheal the forums are a lovely safe place to reach out for help ❤️. I do hope it gets easier for you, it can be a very exhausting struggle.

@NatureLover writing does get dark during rough patches. I keep a lot of it to myself because it’s that intense. Things have been fluctuating. I’m okay as long as my mind doesn’t think about things, but you can’t exactly do that 24/7. I hope you are doing well ❤️

I’m in this weird state of mind, I can’t help but wonder how much difference does my existence even make to people. I am just one small person among the many people out there. I am safe right now. 

Hey @creative_writer - someone once said to me "No single raindrop believes it caused the flood." The universe is so weird in that we are such tiny, seemingly insignificant specks, yet we can have such profoundly meaningful and impactful lives. You matter to us, that's for sure 💜

@creative_writer @I hope that writing gives you some release from the dark thoughts. We are in this together, we can support each other. Keep reminding one another that there is a spark of hope. Always, even if we sometimes lose sight of it, there is hope. We just need to keep reminding one another. Hope you are doing ok this evening…

@creative_writer wrote:
@NatureLoverwriting does get dark during rough patches. I keep a lot of it to myself because it’s that intense. Things have been fluctuating. I’m okay as long as my mind doesn’t think about things, but you can’t exactly do that 24/7. I hope you are doing well ❤️

@creative_writer it's hard to control our thoughts! I'm sorry yours have been so dark and hopeless lately 💔

I'm doing OK thanks. 

@Jynx it’s easy to feel so insignificant and worthless. But it does help to look at it this way. We all contribute to the world. It’s hard to believe I do a lot of the time. I know logically I’ve taken crisis interactions in the past and allowed other people talk to their struggles. But now I am struggling myself and have been on a break, and feel utterly useless.

@Helpmeheal I am glade that we have these forums, it helps a lot to be reminded that there is still and that we are worth fighting for.

@NatureLover I am glade you are feeling better. Just hanging on here. I am hoping that with the additional support I’ll start feeling better soon.

I've been struggling with suicidal thoughts, anxiety, depression, paranoia and ptsd 

Hi @Wilhelmina ,

Just want to welcome you firstly to the boards as a new contributor and say welcome aboard!

Also wanted to throw in that it’s really important you are able to access professional help as needed beyond the Forums when these thoughts of ending your life begin to come up for you. As we are not a crisis service, just want to offer a friendly reminder you can reach out to SCBS on 1300 659 467 (or Lifeline, 13 11 14) if you need immediate assistance or are concerned about your current safety.

Warmest regards and hope the day is treating you well,

Otter

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance