Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Seriously had enough

I have a remote therapy psychologist I speak with and have an appointment tomorrow we will be discussing diagnosis. Her first idea is to complete a Asperger's checklist although I feel I relate to BPD and have been told It could be something to consider. I have recently been told by my GP that I need to workout my childhood issues etc as I only come to my GP and get angry with her response to my mental health and then withdrawal from help. I am changing my GP as she is not trained in mental health and ignores my concerns as it's like she doesn't want to venture into that side of medical science. I have no family or friends and only stay by my partners side. I have three children at home under 10. I enjoy My dogs love the most atm.for an hr a day in the morning. Otherwise I clean all day and go insane.

Re: Seriously had enough

Welcome @Kym4 - thank you for sharing 🙂 3 children under 10 is a lot of work in itself. Brings a lot of pleasure, but can be a source of stress too. It great to hear you have reached out to professional supports and realised what is and isn't working for you. 

I actually worked with my mental health team to ask if they had any suggestions for GPs in my area. They were able to give me a few names who were experienced with mental health - it certainly helped a lot!

I have BPD. Life can sure be a bit emotionally chaotic at times, but over time, there ARE ways and strategies one can put in place make the journey a little less rocky.

Happy to chat if you're up for it 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance