Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

You did have a big day @Shaz51 

Cleaning the house then taking your Mum out - it's great you had an outing with your mum and then -

You took her home when she got tired but both of you have the memory of the Winter Wonderland - I don't know what that is but if it's hot where you live then seeing wintery stuff with snow etc would be indeed pleasant

But in Melbourne we might not be so excited - we are still having the bleakies where weather is concerned - long days yes but that's how we know it really is summer - cloudy and chilly though - and they try and tell us about global warming - 

We are not feeling it much in Vic and Tassie - mmmm - not happy Jan

Dec

Bor-ingBor-ing

Yesterday afternoon was in the town hall, great for the kids to interact , took my little cousins and they had a wonderful time 

@Owlunar , very hot up here today 

I sent to a goose raffle with my aunty and cousins and I won 4 prizes 

@eth , @Former-Member , @frog , @Appleblossom , @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Shaz51 ... you seem to be very lucky with things like bingo and chook (or goose) raffles.  Well done on your 4 prizes. Are the prizes something you can use for Christmas?  Eg Ham, pork, chicken, Christmas Cake or pudding, etc.

Did anyone else in your little group win anything as well?

Its quite warm here today too, and pretty windy.  But overcast at present, although no rain about.  I was looking at my gardens today, and I think we are going to lose a few of our fruit trees and a large magnolia is looking very sick. Plus some large established shrubs.  This drought is getting me down.  And with the current water restrictions (no outside watering at all)  there is not a thing we can do about it.  I already salvage any grey water from washing and showering to toss on a few plants, but its sadly not enough.  I think the ground water is just all used up and nothing will salvage what it appears we may already have lost by way of fruit trees etc.  I would have thought they were well and truly big enough to withstand a dry spell, but apparently not.

Anyway enough of a whinge from me Shaz ... I'm really glad you had a wonderful time out and about with your little cousins at the town hall, and your aunty and cousins at the turkey raffle.  Yeah I changed it on purpose from goose to turkey, in the hope that maybe you won a turkey for christmas dinner.  🦃

Sherry 😊

Hi @Former-Member 

I won 2 Christmas fruit cakes

A biscuits basket and a set of 4 truffle bowls 

Yes mum's garden is suffering lots of this heat , too hot to garden

Yes we really need some good rain every where

My cousin won a baby doll for her grand daughter 

That family thinks I am going to hold a Christmas dinner , ha ha 

@Owlunar , @Former-Member , @eth , @frog , @Appleblossom , @greenpea , @outlander 

Only thing that is getting me is being judged that i should be spending more of christmas day with my side of the family instead of having lunch with MIl and mr shaz family @

@Shaz51  Congrats on your winnings :)x Christmas cakes are scrummy delicious 😛

Think I might freeze one @greenpea  xx

@Shaz51  Shaz51 can you put stollen in the fridge?

Probably @greenpea Everything gets a little less nice when frozen ... but custard and cream can cover that ...

@Shaz51 

Balance and families ... difficult.

Congrats tho on winnings.

I was in a Town Hall and library yesterday ... near old stamping grounds.

Smiley Happy

Congrats on your wins @Shaz51 🏆

Good morning @Shaz51   What good luck you had yesterday and the prizes sound good.  What's a truffle bowl?  Regarding Christmas - do as you wish!  Maybe tell them that you'll spend next Christmas with them - surely alternating families would be acceptable.  And if you don't want to, then don't take on the doing of the Christmas dinner.  Even if you do end up seeing them (e.g. the day before?) you can make it everyone brings a plate.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance