Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Tw Not Coping

@Bow, I’m glade you were able to get support through community mental health. Mental health system is hard to navigate in Australia.

@Birdofparadise8, do you feel something triggers your depressive periods? Or do you feel like depression is your baseline, and things trigger it to become worse?

It is really hard, isn't it @creative_writer @Bow

I think depression is my baseline and I just get worse at night when I'm not busy. What counts as a depressive period though because I've been depressed most days for about a year. 

Border line personality disorder... don't know much about that either. 

I wonder how that can inspire twilight sadness and feeling lonely?.. 🤔 

You may just be short on a good dose of hugs! Occam's theory @Birdofparadise8 

@Birdofparadise8, it does sound like depression. When I’m depressed, I’m just depressed by default, and rumination and other triggers/stressors make it worse. Pdoc is in the best position to say whether it is Bipolar or BDP too in the mix. Bipolar does require hypo mania or manic episodes. You need to have enough symptoms to qualify for borderline personality disorder, meeting only 2-3 criteria isn’t enough. It’s probably not that unusual to experience periods of normal mood at times too, you just need to be depressed most of the time to meet the criteria for depression.

I'm at least depressed and more than happy at this stage @creative_writerso many different diagnoses. Anyway, I think I will go to bed. I'm meeting a friend tomorrow for breakfast. I hope your night goes okay, and thank you for the chat tonight. 

How do get through the really hard days?

I'm having a really hard day. I feel like my life is over and I can't stop crying.

What do you do @Birdofparadise8 at these times?

Um, I cry a lot, SH and get intense SI. I don't know how I get through it, it seems to just pass on its own. Last night was awful for me, but I think talking to someone and going to sleep helped. 

I'm sorry today is so hard for you @Kyle1 

@Kyle1 do you call a helpline? Beyond Blue might be helpful? Crisis support if things get really hard..

Sitting with you. Will check in with you via email 💝

@Paperdaisy I can't access emails right now... something weird going on with my account...

hey @Kyle1 thanks for letting me know. I'm hearing you're having a hard day and wanted to check in if you are feeling safe? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance