Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I'm so scared

@greenpea im seeing social work early next week

I told dad about my brother this morning. I feel so numb.

@The-red-centaur  am really pleased that you wont be going back to your dads. It will be okay. You are in a safe place atm where people llike the social worker can help place you in appropriate housing. It will work out. Have faith The-red-centaur. With you love peaxxx

Thanks for your reply. Yes your situation is tricky. I hope you will let me advise you, although I cant say Im the greatest expert:

Take good care of your finances and be frugal. Be picky with what you spend your money on and dont be afraid to chew on a raw carrot occasionally as this is perfectly healthy and very inexpensive. I do this myself. Also try to stay out of trouble (which is evidently what you are doing) - find safe places that you prefer to be if you are homeless. 

If you want to get a part-time job selling The Big Issue that can help immensely with your finances. I did this and am still doing it for several years and it is the best job sometimes. The support you get is variable but it should discipline you and make you feel more at ease with your life issues.

I am quite sure you can find rent contracts for 6 months, sometimes even 3 months. Keep at it. I am not an expert as I havent tried to look for some years now. I wish you good luck. Stay on this forum, post regularly, and seek help...as hard as that may be.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance