Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

I'm done

I'm sick of having to ignore or downplay how unstable my mental health is since moving to this shitty rural town just because my husband has a stable job and I have to do what's best for the family. Is wrong for me to ask him to put in for a transfer to somewhere else despite how well he does here for my own sanity. We have lived here 3 years and I'm at breaking point I cant cope no more

10 REPLIES 10
hanami
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm done

Hi @Former-Member 

Sorry to hear about your situation. I can hear how frustrated you are with it all. Your feelings and needs are valid for sure. Have you spoken at all with your husband as to how you feel? Is it possible for him to be transferred? I live in a regional area not rural but can imagine there are limits as far as services and facilities go. Do you have any friends who live nearby that you can talk to about how you're feeling?

Sending hugs

Hamami

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @Former-Member  can you have an open conversation with your husband about your struggles. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to live in such a rural place and struggle with your mental health and have very limited access to supports. 

@Former-Member 

I can sense there is so much more to what you are saying.. Can you elaborate a little for me?

Do you feel disconnected at the moment, like you are in a very lonely place? Do you feel judged in that town? Do you already have an idea of where you would move to, and why would that place be good for you?

You don't have to answer.. I would just love to know more as I can definitely get the sense you are hurting right now. 

Dear @Former-Member ,

How are you today? 

You have shown much resilience these last three years. It sounds like you have tried to make things work - but it hasn't.

Have you been able to speak to your husband about this?

Also, do you have support networks you can talk to? It is important you have supports at this time.

tyme

@Former-Member 

How are you doing?  We are still around if you need to talk.. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @AussieRecharger , @tyme , @Bow , @hanami and everyone else who passes through. 

Thankyou all for your advice and support.

I did manage to talk to my husband and to a worker through a program I've been referred to. We have signed up to blue care and going to see if that helps. After the Christmas break my husband said if I'm still struggling then he'll put in for a transfer back to the Brisbane area, where I still have a support system of friends and a sister.

How are you doing now @Former-Member?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@AussieRecharger

Still crap but for different reasons that I've started to explain in the thread "help me through September cause it sucks"

But not sure if I'm going to keep seeking support here... I don't know just one of the replies really upset me I might take a hiatus again for a while. It's hard when there one place you feel truly listened to makes you feel the same devaluation that your family does 

hey @Former-Member I'm sorry to read that something has upset you on the forums. Please drop us an email if you want to chat about it further. Wishing you well 💛

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance