Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

I give up never going to be happy

I start to feel good and get back on my feet hadn't had si thoughts in 3 day and boom society knocks me down. 

Talking to my friend while shopping how a stage my son is going through is messing with my ptsd and this lady turns around and told me that I'm struggling because i shouldn't have kids and if my friend had any common sense she should report me to children services because people with mental health issues destroy their childrens lives im so mortified but over all really struggling because thats exactly what i thought about myself and i had only just began to feel like I can raise my child despite my head and now I'm all confused again 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I give up never going to be happy

@Former-Member  what a detestable woman she was to come out and say such a thing to a stranger!! or anyone for that matter. Treat it with the disdain it deserves and give yourself a pat on the back for being a beautiful, caring person that you are and even more so a fantastic mother. BabyDragon you are doing a great job no one is perfect (believe me no one knows more than me ....) kids are resilient. You do your best your child will be fine particularly if mum looks after herself too don't forget xxxx:) 

@Former-Member I'm sorry you had this horrible experience while out shopping with your friend. You know so much more about you and your situation than that lady does. Please keep in mind all the wonderful things you have to offer people, just like you do here on the forums.

Hi @Jupiter and @greenpea,

I get what you are saying but to be honest I feel like all the wonderful people here help me more than I help them I mostly seek help, and outside of forums I can count on one hand the people who appreciate what I do for them and most of them are not family everyone else tells me that I don't do enough 

I find your writing/poems very insightful @Former-Member

Thankyou @Jupiter but honestly it's just releasing my feelings and writing what I can remember as some of my trauma is only remembered in pieces.

oh, @Former-Member, my thoughts are with you.

I don't have children but am constantly amazed by the insensitive and cruel comments that some people make to people who do have children.  I think that parents have one of the most difficult jobs ever, to raise children, and especially parents who are struggling with mental health issues or other medical issues, so the comments made are way out of line.

You are struggling at the moment but you are worthy of your little boy.  Your child needs you and you are doing the best you can.  He is lucky to have such a kind and caring parent.  Heart

PS:  Apologies, I thought your friend made the comment.  Smiley Embarassed

All goods @NatalieS, I never saw your original post I have only seen this one and yes it is hard when a complete stranger says things like that but it's harder knowing that if a person who doesn't understand my situation can say that what do the people who do and don't think I try hard enough say

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance