Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Anon1975
Senior Contributor

I feel like a burden

Hello. I need some advice from other family members support people please.  I have schizophrenia and I am working very hard to stay well.  I have a very small network my mum and partner that I do not live with.  The thing is I am petrified of losing my partner.  I had a little too much to drink last night, and he called me annoying, which really hurt so I put myself to bed.  I apologised profusely to him in the morning and today he hasn’t responded to any of my texts or phone calls.  Is he trying to drop a hint?  I am starting to feel like he no longer likes me.  I am petrified of losing him as I lost many friends when my schizophrenia was unmanaged and I am trying very hard to restablish new connections.  I don’t know what to do.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I feel like a burden

Good Evening @Anon1975 ,

Sounds so tough. I'm sorry things are so challenging at the moment.

Have you been able to speak to him openly about what is happening for you and what has happened in the past? Do you feel he understands enough?

I'd encourage you to talk to your partner after giving him some time. Do you think that will work?

Whatever it is, please know we are sitting with you. You are not alone in this.

tyme

Hello @Anon1975 

How are you going today , thinking of you and letting you know that you are not alone xx

Hi @Anon1975,

I've just read your post and I want to let you know my heart goes out to you. I really do hope that you have since been able to have a chat with your partner and sort things out. Sometimes people just need a bit of space to process before they are ready to talk.

I hope you are okay and please let us know how you are when you are can.

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

@FloatingFeather .  Thank you for your message.  Sadly my partner wants to take a break which made me feel worse in terms of being annoying or a burden.  So I asked not to see one another again.  This evening I am feeling ok about things.  I have so many lovely memories with him, he has always made me feel loved and respected and that is something that can’t be taken away.  I feel extremely sad about everything, and how things got to the point that he wanted time away from me.  I was always conscious of not smothering him and never made any demands or had any issues when he wanted to do his own thing.  So I am really sad.  He was instrumental to my recovery and I thank him for coming into my life when he did.  I’m going to really miss him.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance