Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

I made it through the night. The weather matches my mood though. Dark stormy and raining. 

Well done on making it through the night @Captain24 I hope you got some sleep last night.

Is there something nice you can do for yourself today? 

I have to go out today but planning to curl up with a blanket and a movie when I get home.

I didn’t sleep well @Snowie. I was to distressed. I just kept wanting to get up and do what I shouldn’t do. 

I made myself leave the house this morning. It nearly bought on a panic attack. But I did some grocery shopping and took Pix to the markets. 

Im home now trying to eat something so I can do to bed. I have to work tonight so I need to be able to get some sleep. I have an incredible fear of leaving the house again and going to work. 

A blanket and a movie sounds nice. Do you have anything planned to watch? I watch Elvis last night and it was good. But I am a massive Elvis fan. 

I struggle with the RCH all the time.
Well done for going out this morning. I know how hard it is to leave the house.
I hope you can get some sleep before work tonight @Captain24 

You are so very brave to be still going to work. I am not sure you know how much I admire you and how much you inspire me by just going to work.

You are showing so much courage and strength hon.

Thank you @Snowie. I wouldn’t say its strength and courage. I have a huge mortgage to pay and can’t risk losing my job. 

I hope your D’s appointment went well and you got some answers.

Even though I spelt ok. I have so many body sensations of anxiety about leaving the house to go to work. It’s pretty severe. I have pains in my legs and feet and tingling in my hands and face. Plus rapid breathing and a headache. It’s so out of control. I’m on the verge of crying. 

@Captain24 I'm sorry to hear you're having such intense anxiety pangs in your body. That's super rough. Just want you to know I'm here, if you wanna chat. You been able to do any breathing/grounding strategies? 

Hope these feelings don't stick around too long 💜

I have to leave for work shortly @Jynx. I think it’s going to be a long 12.5hrs! 

I’ve been breathing trying to get my heart rate down. I’ve counted from 100 backwards by 7. Plus progressive muscle relaxation. I’ll put calming music on for my drive to work.

Ohhh hectic! Hope it's not too intense a shift for you. Glad to hear that you're putting things into place to try to soothe, calming music always a great one for me as well. 

I found this online a little while ago, apparently neuroscientists tested it out and it can actually help to reduce anxiety - it's so soothing, give it a listen if you like:

Marconi Union - Weightless

@Captain24 I hope your shift at work goes ok, and you can get some sleep afterwards.

Thinking of you and sitting with you 💗💗

Here it all goes again. 😢

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance