Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Love these @Captain24 so important 💙

If only I could share them with my family @Peregrinefalcon. They are oblivious to my whole MI

Hi @Captain24 

Just passing by to see how you are going today.

Sending lots of positive vibes your way 💗

I just want to say sorry to everyone for not following up posts. 

I’ve been at work all day. Came home and I had to go to an event in town with my mum. There was a family funeral on today and I’m upset that I couldn’t go. Neither could my parents as dad is now in hospital with a massive infection in his body but they don’t know what it is. 

So it’s been hectic since I finished work. 

Sorry to everyone 

Oh dear @Captain24 .

No need to be sorry. Please take care. We are here for you.

You do not have to feel alone in this. Take your time.

I hope you are as okay as you can be.

Hugs.

I also hope your dad feels better soon @Captain24 . It sure sounds like such a hectic time!

@Captain24 there is no need to be sorry. You need to put yourself first.

I hope your day is ok and can recover quickly.

Sending lots of thoughts your way 💜💜

I’m home from work after my third day. I’m not really sure of how I’m feeling. It feels kind of mixed. But I don’t know.

Dad is still in hospital and they say he will be there until at least Tuesday. The good thing is that they haven’t transferred him to a bigger hospital. But we think we have worked out what’s wrong with him. He has to discuss it with the dr tomorrow. We think it’s Q Fever. 

With him in hospital it’s putting added pressure on my already struggling mum. She still hasn’t come to terms with Nans passing. Plus her dog is really sick. She has had to have Pix for the last 3 days, on top of everything else. 

I have the night shifts off. I will go and visit dad tomorrow but my concern is that I hopefully have an appointment with my case manager. I’m hoping that I’m not downstairs when mum visits dad. That’s going to be really hard to explain. At least mum won’t have Pix tomorrow 

Tuesday I have to go to a dermatologist in a town 2 hrs away. Dad will probably still be in hospital so it means mum will have Pix on her own again. I’m hoping they say it’s nothing but I may have to have biopsies or blood tests for any autoimmune diseases. I think mum is a little concerned over that. I have to admit I am a little too. I’m sure it will be ok but there is still that concern. 

Mum has an appointment in the same town on Wednesday. She wants me to stay at home to look after her dog. I’m worried about mum driving over there. She has hardly driven in years. Dad always does the driving. Plus mum thinks 120 km/hr is slow. These are rural roads! I’m hoping dad is out of hospital and that means I can take her. But if dad is out he won’t be well enough and he will still want to take her over. 

It’s all becoming a little too stressful. 

Sorry for the long post. But I just need to process everything and not hold it in. I’ve been doing well until now. 

Thanks for reading of you got this far. 

Hugs @Captain24 .

I'm hearing and listening.

Me too
Hearing you captain
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance