Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

GraceUponGrace
Contributor

Daily anxiety is exhausting...

I've booked in but can't see my psychologist til May 8.  I'm tracking my panic attacks, journalling, using challenging questions and helpful thoughts, mindfulness - but it feels like I'm at war with the anxiety all day, every day. I'm just getting a bit sick and tired of having to employ coping strategies every 15-20 minutes throughout the day.

I haven't had a good experience with SSRIs so I'm not sure what options are available to me. I hate that meds take weeks to work - I need it to stop now. This sucks.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Daily anxiety is exhausting...

Hi @GraceUponGrace 

You could try talking with your GP about medication that isn't SSRI... I can not name them here because of Forum policy but there are options for treating anxiety that are not SSRI. 

I wish you well. I deal (and sometimes don't) with anxiety, too. If it gets really bad tonight you might want to access the ER for help... ?

Yeah i was thinking maybe SNRIs or whatever the doctor suggests may work.  I'm just so tired.  The battle feels endless - I don't wanna have to deal with this forever

SNRI's still take weeks...

There are still yet other options... they work within minutes.

@GraceUponGrace 

Hi @GraceUponGrace ,

Sorry to hear it is so tough right now. 

With so many medications out there, it is important you have these conversations with your treating doctor/team so that they can make sound recommendations for what may work for you.

Unfortunately, as this is a peer-to-peer forum, we are not able to provide medical/clinical information about medication.

I hope you soon find what works for you.

I really feel for you, @GraceUponGrace ...hoping your anxiety eases... 🤞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance