Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

@Smc 

Gather from your other posts that older daughter has found alternative accommodation.

@Former-Member, yes, she has... sorry, thought I'd posted about it. Her application for a two bedroom unit about a block away from our church was successful, after her trying for maybe one or two dozen different places all over the local "big town".

She's very quickly filled up the two bedrooms and loungeroom, mostly with her craft accoutrements. Somewhat overfilled. She'll need to very much keep on top of tidying.
Our bedtime, may need to fill in the "news gaps" tomorrow. Thanks for asking. Heart

@Former-Member @Determined @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @outlander ....

Rough weekend. Older Daughter rang a bit before midnight on Friday, "voices" in her head leading to a SA. She was too upset to ring an ambulance but agreed to me ringing for her, and I stayed on the phone for an hour while waiting for them (busy night), making sure that she stayed awake. And kept the phone next to the bed for further updates through the night. Couldn't go into the hospital, both because of me not having licence and Hubby too groggy from nighttime med, plus when the grass was being slashed earlier that day, a stone had gone through one of the car's side windows...

Blood serum levels test came back OK so she was discharged the next morning. The nurses caring for her would have liked to see a MH review happen before discharge, but the MH team member on duty declined to attend, and the doctor treating her wasn't keen on doing so either. She does need to get to the point where she's not turning up at Emergency all the time, but their attempts to discourage her are not working. Smiley Frustrated

She seems to be back in a normal state of mind, and physically OK now, but we're still catching up on the lost sleep and clawing back emotional equilibrium. And we're hoping that she's not doing her internals cumulative damage.

❤️ @Smc ......  

@Smc  ....😢

@Smc 

😥🙏

@Smc  

Thinking of you and trust things with Daughter are steady as can be. 

Thanks @Determined. A little better over the last couple of days, but still a bit precarious.

A couple of nights ago I was able to talk her out of a potential ambulance trip due to "voices" again. It had her quite scared, but was able to talk her around to they just seem real, they're not actually real, and have no means to harm you. So she cancelled the ambulance and was able to go to sleep. Tonight she was wondering about heading in with stomach pain, asked my opinion, which was "see your doctor tomorrow". So hopefully that's another forestalled trip to hospital.

Hubby and I are still feeling a bit raw from the SA, but starting to get back to normal-ish.

OK... she did end up in hospital last night, on advice of Poisons Information. They were concerned that the stomach pain might be connected to the recent SA, and could indicate liver damage.

Liver seems to be mostly OK, her doctor this morning pointed out that her stomach will be raw. "Grazed" was his wording. Her medical file hasn't been transferred to him yet, which we hadn't realised, so he's now had a bit of a heads up on what's been going on. No doubt there will be more details still to come for him. Smiley Frustrated

@Smc  🙏😿

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance