Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dissociative Identity Disorder Carers?

@Determined @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope 
Hospital presentations are continuing, both for illnesses and for SH. Smiley Frustrated Unfortunately, each may be exacerbating the other. When she went in with what turned out to be a genuine physical problem, she was given hospital grade pain relief... and it seems such medications may lower her resistance levels or increase her dissociation levels, or some of both, so she was back later that day needing repairs.

Am concerned that she's calling on a long time family friend frequently for transport. Am trying to get in touch with said friend to chat about setting boundaries. Said friend is very willing to help, but I don't want to see her being leant on all the time. 😞

❤️ @Smc .....

@Smc  😥  🙏

HeartHeart @Smc , walking with you xx

Hi @Smc saw this and thought of you, hiefid you get on this week?

funny_ceramics_pottery_potter_handmade_clay_maker_accent_pillow-r29af88dcf13548ada1c85bc75fcc90b2_z6i0f_307.jpg

How are you going @Smc ?

Thanks for checking in everyone. 🙂

Didn't quite get to the point of throwing things... Dug up 10 roses from Mum and Dad's garden, wrapped them up and brought them back here. They're now in large pots, waiting to see whether they survive the hard cut back plus root loss at the wrong time of year.

Only a short visit with Mum and Dad, and only me. Smiley Frustrated The head office of the aged care home had been a bit incomplete in the email they sent out. They didn't mention that it ws only one visitor per resident, and the comment about it being half hour visits for the first few weeks was tucked part way down the email instead of being in the easy-to-take-in checklist. And I'd taken up my violin, to give Mum and Dad a private recital, especially Dad who spent years driving me to lessons and orchestra rehearsals and concerts, but hasn't heard me play for a very long time. I wasn't allowed to take that in with me. I'm hoping I'll get another opportunity, but at their age and state of health, we just never know "if/when".

Seems I've given our local carer support group some food for thought. Got a call from them today, and they're looking into a few changes, such as making provision for carer-couples to attend a retreat they're planning. I've also emphasised that a lot of carers are very well self-educated on the condition of the person they're caring for, but are totally exhausted, so it's more welcome if the retreat's focus is more on the "take a break and recharge" side than the "education" side. And big plus, they may be able to fund an adult autism assessment for Older Daughter. She's still not mad keen on doing it, but is willing.

And Older Daughter is back into the old pattern of frequent emergency ward presentations. 😞 Some SH related, but the majority seem to be related to digestive system problems. There's the uncomfortable possibility that there may be something real underlying those systems. Too many of the medications she's on can do damage down there.... and some she's taken more than is advisable, one way or another. Also still trying to help her get her head around budgeting. Not an easy task. She's quite resistant to changing how she does things.

Younger Daughter goes back to in-person schooling next week, and she's not looking forward to it. And she hasn't gotten much done at home. Honestly, there's not much you can do to make a teenager get schoolwork done. "No playtime until it's finished" isn't really a teenage thing.

@Smc 

Thinking of you and family. 

Ta @Determined. Hope yours are going OK too....
The last couple of days have been a bit rocky, but due to issues with our Younger Daughter. Stuff that she hasn't talked about with us. We're hoping tp be able to remake how we're doing things next year to give her more support- she can't just keep going "business as usual" with VCE when there's so little support for her, and so much really hefty stuff going on in the background.

How are things going @Smc ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance