Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fiona2
Casual Contributor

Begging for help

My daughter won't get help. I call all these help lines and no one helps. ts been going on and off 1.5 years its getting worse. Shes in out of 2 personalities and tried to harm hersel many times. How can I get someone to go to the house. Police has been before many times. I have called her counsellor but not a lot she can do. A clinic said its

its voluntary. She got married recently it went very bad with her 2 personalities.  I need some helpful advice as she is in a very bad way.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Begging for help

ohhh @Fiona2 

sending you hugs , how are you today 

and your daughter going ??

@Former-Member 

Hi @Fiona2 ,

Sounds like it has been a very difficult process for all involved for the past 1.5 years or so. It can be really hard to reach out for support and not feel like you are gettting what you need, even more so if you are a support or family member and the individual themselves is not wanting tot access supports. Unfortunately a lot of services are very stuck and unable to provide support and services to an individual who is not consenting to receivng that support. The forums are a good place to share ideas and explore if others have found other ways to approach the same situation.
I do also suggest trying to call our Help Center to explore these ideas but also as a support for yourself if needed. It is easy to forgot about our own self care when all we want is to focus on the person we care most for.

Please reach out if needed andtalk to one of our counsellors for support.

Take care,

Radius

Thank you for caring

Thank you so true what your saying. Thank you 

hello and hugs @Fiona2 , here for you xoxo

So kind of you to care

@Fiona2, how are you today and how is your daughter xxxx

@greenpea@Faith-and-Hope@Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance