Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

As it stands/hard to let go

Hi Friends feel the need to write or type as it stands the online romantic relationship may have been a scammer from the start at least thats my logical minds point of view , my heart is sad but oddly relieved as this person asked me to do things I wasnt comftable to do despite all the romance involved money was also involved and lots of promises I mean theres probly a very slim chance the person was genuine but currently my minds made up ,the love and kind words and romantic company was beutifull but their where odd requests throughout such as one main request that my details be used to order phones expensive ones that would be delivered to my address not his ,anyway its hard to let go in the emotional sense ,besides this as it stands Ive got a directly related family member who has recently been diagnosed with Anaphylaxis ,in short it was quite scary an experience so Im laying low at home at the momment and have been for at least the last week its an adjustment to family food requirements and a very unwelcome change ,Ive tried to implement self care although some days can be better than others for example smoking rather than choosing to unknot my matted hair with a hair brush ,excessively watching a series on Netflix to escape elsewhere ,have showerd daily though, ate lots of chicken dishes lately as its not something family member is allergic to ,what else is there say ,Im going back to lighting fragrant candles ,have managed to clean my room,have slept a lot have had wonderfull support from extended family in the midst of the emergency which Im hugely thankfull for,my aunt has been a strong listening ear ,theres only a minority of the family who are holding onto a past conflict mainly my two cousins who have kind of teamed up against me so to speak,the female cousin in particular did not choose an appropriate time to become nasty ,which resulted in me having the first panic attack in a few years or so ,full blown tears,anxiety,hyperventilating and the inability to regulate my own emotions without the support of a family memeber to talk me down from the said panic and fear ,I definetlry have to think more of the postive majority of people around me ,mainly aunts and uncles and my family memebrs school teachers whove been kind and listened well aswell tonights plans are Watching a favourite series ,eating food,lighting a fragrant candle ,maybe call a family member,have already discussed scam situation with lifeline ,it has to have been a scam ,take care friends continuing as always to be onwards and upwards who knows if maybe Im destined to be alone ,I feel weak in the area of relationships, good night will type more if the need arises ,liars make me sad wether thats cousins or anyone else for that matter

2 REPLIES 2

Re: As it stands/hard to let go

Hi @LostAngel ,

I’m so sorry this has happened. People preying on those who may be lonely and vulnerable.

Do you feel safe right now?

Also, have you or would you consider reporting it?

Re: As it stands/hard to let go

At the time of this I found out later that someone else had created a fake social media account using his photos, it wasnt him that was a scammer and as such I am happily continueing the relationship

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance