Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Hi @eth Cat Happy survival mode here today so o hot

Not quite as much as I hoped to get done but getting there @eth Will finish the framing tomorrow and start measuring up the cement sheeting to cut down. I'll work it around watching the tennis tomorrow and cleaning the house. I think it will be another early night for me but that depends on how the meds go tonight. It is still a gorgeous day here but I am too tired now to go to the beach with Toby and he has just had a bath a couple of days ago so best to keep him clean for another few days at least - then I can try to brush out some more of his knots before he becomes a sand monster again lol

Did you get around to watching Harrow again? You must be a fair way through the episodes by now.

Yep @Zoe7  just watched eps 4 - 6.  I like how it has one mystery that gets solved each ep as well as a continuing story-line and additional mystery that carries from one ep to the next.

Sounds good that you are pacing yourself with the big job and finding time to do things you like, like watching the tennis, along the way.  You work so hard when it's term time I think it's important that you feel like you're getting a holiday.

I do love tennis @eth I used to go to the Australian Open every year but stopped doing that some time ago when I got my second cat and now I have Toby as well. I like being at home more too and have things I want to do around the home. That is where most of my spare (when there is any) money goes - on the house. Getting the garage done is one big job I have had to put off until the roof was done and now that is finished getting the wall done and the shelves put up will mean I have more room to sort things out and everything will be accessible rather than stacked in the corner.

I did like the same things as you with Harrow and hope there is a second season. There is not much on tv lately that I am interested in watching - apart from the cricket and tennis. I like NCIS (and the offshoots) but they have been repeats so have already seen them. There are so many repeats on at this time of year so looking forward to new episodes of things coming back soon.

I hope to hear something this week about a possible placement for this year - it is getting really close to the new school year starting and I hope I have a little time to get organised. If I don't hear anything by later in the week then I will call to see where it is all sitting.

Hope you get a placement that you're really happy with @Zoe7 and that it's even close to home so you're not spending too long in transit on top of all the planning time.

I hope it is closer than my last school - I have asked for that so fingers crossed I do get that @eth I honestly have no preference for schools - just needed a fresh start and anywhere close would be fine with me. I can always put in for a transfer eventually if there is somewhere I find I would like to be but I really don't know much about the schools close to me - have been at the previous school for over 10 years.

I think it's great that you have chosen to step away from what sounds like it became a really toxic environment for you @Zoe7.   Stay strong through the adjustment period being somewhere new.  Go gently with yourself whenever you can.

Thanks @eth I know I made the right decision but it will be a big adjustment for me at a new school - new processes, new staff, new kids and new routines to learn. I am trying not to think too much about all that though and remember that I needed to leave because it was a toxic environment for me - and there was nothing at the end of the year that made that any easier so leaving was definitely the right decision. It will be nice to get some of my school stuff out of the house and into the classroom - giving me more room in the house to get on with things I want to do ...but most of that will be left to the next holidays. I have so many books and art supplies here plus resources for every curriculum area - so much that takes up all my spare room and hallway and even some of the bedroom and dining room. It will be nice to have my house back.

You sound like a really dedicated teacher @Zoe7.  Lucky kids that have you.

That is actually something I need to change a bit @eth I lived for my job and it took over my whole life - used to work 7 days a week and rarely had a day off in the holidays. I can't go back and do all the extra things I used to do - it is too much - I need to find a better balance and I'm hoping working only 4 days will allow me to find that as well as continue with DBT and all my appointments to help with that balance.

I better go and get some more of the garage cleaned up. Thank you so much for the chat today - it has been really lovely. Will catch up with you again soon I hope Heart I'll tag you into my updates here as well to keep you up to date with how things are going across this week Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance