Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

tonys
Senior Contributor

very very simple directions for low IQ person to find old letters

i better say first im not computor literate. it takes hours for me to do something on a computor some times. i started a letter spot about one new friend using a computor, but when i go into saneforum.org every spot i click on wont show me where my old letters are, or the very kind replys i recieved, i know its my fault. there is something ive forgotten. all i find is a spot where it says message recieved and the time someone sent it. one was sent 7 times,all at the same time.?. its a dark world made worse when you are low functioning. im hopping that someone who has worked with intelectualy challenged people, sees this and and can walk me through. i can get to my old letters spot by tapping on a spot thats in an email i got, and even put a letter there by sendin;g one to myself, i cant reply to some of the letters i was sent, it wont let me so i guess if i talk to someone i go into my email tap on the yellow highligted bit and send letters to my self. cutting pasting etc is way to complex for intelectualy challenged. and when the email i got disappears then i wont be able talk to any one. if any one knows if there is a social group that just uses the phone i would be grate full. i so miss the sound and emotion and feeling of a real voice and for me its much less stressfull and time consuming, i can feed my chooks, play with the piglets and even handmilk my cow all while on a phone. i really hope everone out there is ok and if you laboured through my letter thankyou. tonys

7 REPLIES 7

Re: very very simple directions for low IQ person to find old letters

Hi @tonys ,

It’s so good to see you back on the forums. If it helps, click on ‘new’ at the top right.

I’ve included a screenshot of mine. Can you see it has 27 new notifications?

59179573-6C3E-4326-B24B-D9E50FB4630F.jpeg

Let me know how you go.

wow, i finally found it. im a bit vision impaired and dyslexic, so if things dont stand out or have  explanation words next to them, it takes me longer to get there and thanks to you, i found it, and oppened up a few more doors. your website is so big it must be a real challange to oversee it all as well as help people so im very grateful. ive noticed ive got a lot of the same letters several times, is that normal or am i doing something wrong. thanks again and dont forget to look after yourself too

Hi @tonys ,

In the notifications, they look the same because these same 'letters' are threads. In each thread is a post 'addressed' to you (or tagging you).

If you want someone to get a notification of your message, you type "@" in front of their name, start typing their name, and a list appears for you to pick the name from.

You are doing a very good job working your way through this website.

tyme

Hi @tonys,

My name is FloatingFeather and I am one of the peer support workers at SANE. It's really nice to see you here on the forums.

Please keep posting as many questions as you like as we are all very happy to help you.

It's great having you on the forums :).

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

Hi @tonys 

I'm also one of the peer workers here on the forums and want to wish you a very warm welcome to the forums. It's a wonderful place to get support and make new friends. 

Keep posting your questions! There is always someone here for you to help when you need.

Hanami 💮

thanks very much for your help. floating feathers, wish i could have thought of that name. mine should be missing spanners, did not realise that i accidently started a thread. i was hoping to see where other people write in and if they havnt got a letter back i would send them one. im such a slow typist that i could not keep up with replies and one that had some explanation about the tech langauge dissappeared when i find some time ill have another explore.  i hope this apears where every one sees it so theyll understand if i missed replying to them, stay safe and warm every one.   ps when i click on the hint to members content, nothing seems to happen, still not sure what it does.  one day it will all fit and stay in my head. cherio every one

Hi @tonys

Anyone that comes on this thread can see what you have written so it's like you are writing a letter to all of us so you don't need to worry about missing anyone out :).

Keep posting as much as you like and ask as many questions as you want - we can see your posts and are more than happy to help.

It's so great you found us - we are lucky to have you 🙂

Best wishes,

FloatingFeather

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance