Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Appleblossom
Community Elder

Treatment "new style" Jimmy Van Os

I know this is in a funny language but given who he is and how short it is ... still worth posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzbEyie3s2c 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Treatment "new style" Jimmy Van Os

I like the framework. Good list.

Support, narrative, regulation and motivation.

Whatever the job, those are the tools.

Very good watch @Appleblossom 

I would liken this to a holistic approach to health. Although there is no 'one size all fits' approach, an increased focus on this type of methodology may cast wider net.

Thankyou!

I thought it was good he is actually a psychiatrist and that is what he advocates ... not just meds.

@maddison 

It must be frustrating for them if they start their careers caring about people, but get forced into med management only.

Great little watch @Appleblossom ! 

Thankyou for sharing. I loved the person-centred approach he offers that so many other psychiatrists seem to bypass. Well, not sure if they bypass as such but perhaps become so set in the ways of the 'system' that a one size all approach becomes a (bad) habit.

Hanami 💮

Some really great points @Appleblossom 

I agree that meds must be a very large component of their studies. Whether intentional or not, the gear towards med based treatment & outcomes may incidentally become primary focus. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance