Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Peer Group Chat // Sleepy-Time & Sweet Dreams: Getting a Good Sleep // Thursday 1st June 2023, 7-8:30PM AEST

Thanks @Flying_Hams .

How'd you go @CloudBerry ?

Re: Peer Group Chat // Sleepy-Time & Sweet Dreams: Getting a Good Sleep // Thursday 1st June 2023, 7-8:30PM AEST

Thanks so much, I got in and got involved. 🥰

Glad you made it @CloudBerry  🙂

Just so you know, there is a Peer Group session every Thursday at the same time. I hope you will be able to join more regularly. 

We look forward to seeing you around 🙂

Hi Everyone, 

As you might've guessed from the name, this discussion had a big focus on good sleep specifically. We talked about the kinds of comforts that can help us drift off and/or get back to sleep in the event of sleep disturbances or waking during the night. I'm really curious to hear from everyone some of your go-to comforts and good sleep coping tools. I'll share a few of my own to start us off, based around trying to prevent sleep disturbances from worries, anxieties that might have been on my mind, or hard experiences I might've had during the day. For this, something to know about me is that immersing myself in stories is a huge go-to strategy, both in terms of coping and comfort. That said, here's a few ideas; 

This song is a lovely soft and gentle tune that describes a really tranquil sounding place- I can sometimes find it helpful to try to picture it, and then picture myself in that place if sleep is a struggle. 

In terms of watching, I like simple things such as this cute episode of Bluey. Or, for my fellow readers, Runt by Craig Silvey might be a book alternative that's similar in vibe (to the extent it's about a dog and has super wholesome vibes like Bluey does).

What about everyone else- what are your go to good sleep tools and comforts? 

@Former-Member @Flying_Hams @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Snowie @CloudBerry @tonys 

Hi @TideisTurning 

My good sleep tools and comforts are my tv on mute (I hate the pitch black), my weighted blanket, my pillow or teddy and of course my meds. Sometimes I put on classical music to help calm me down.

Sleep.  Thats a good one @TideisTurning   I have to admit, I sleep an awful lot.  No pattern to it.  A yard of unfinished projects,  and vivid dreams I always wake up to soon from.  I just keep busy and do physical work on daydreams. A contraptionist am I.

I like sleeping.     I love dreaming.   When my dreams are timeless and,   "complete",     I'll know I

have finally surrendered this life for the next.

Very best wishes to all and thanks once again for the invite @TideisTurning   and @amber22  .    tonys mb 1 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance