Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: New Year's Eve

come and join us today on this thread to help bring in the new year - may it be a better one for all of us 🎉

@Determined, @soul @Holly24, @WideWhale320, @Janiee , @Dadcaringalone, @Razzle , @Ant7, @Pepsimax @H3art , @Time, @SunFlower_7, @Silenus, @plasmo, @Boo13 , @EternalFlame

please invite anyone else to the party of the year tonight

rest.jpg

cheese plate.jpg

foodfood

chocolate.jpg

table.png

Haha @frog - they are awesome pjs! 😁🐸💗

Hello @Confused2, @Jenny92, @SoSadslippers.png

slippers.png

Thank you for tagging more people @Shaz51 and the awesome spread - you are a gem my sister.

ps - love the elephant slippers - I want some lol

Hi to everyone @Zoe7@Shaz51@CheerBear@Owlunar@outlander@utopia @Teej @Razzle@Hope4me@frog@Former-Member@Flying_Hams@TAB@Wanderer@Lauz@s-jay @Former-Member @nashy @Faith-and-Hope

and everyone else I have forgotten - 

I am wishing you all a happy new year. May 2019 be a better year for everyone.  Sending Good health love kindness and positive your way. 

I know it’s been tough for a lot of us including me this year. But I want to say this year is nearly ending. Let’s all look forward to a much better and brighter year especially good health. 

I’m home tonight with hubby D and Ayla who will be in bed by 6.30pm. 

Will look out for all the “illegal fireworks” and then go to bed. 

I want to also thank Sane for a fantastic forum full of like minded people who care so much fir each. Giving love support snd jusy a place to be able to talk. Thanks to everyone. 

Happy New Year 

love BB ❤️❤️❤️

Hope everyone's having a good NYE so far.
I've spent the day doing a mini craft thing (making a card for someone, can't show it here unfortunately but there's not much to it) to keep myself occupied, and am about to go out for dinner with the fam. Catch you all later.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, thanks for the invite @Zoe7, and well said @BlueBay.

Okay so it looks like the party has already started.

Image result for beach party

I just finished watching the WBBL which my Sydney Sixers won.  So how about I carry on the cricket theme over to the beach party?  Would anyone like a fun game of beach cricket?  Its fun, I promise.  Does anyone remember when night cricket first came into being?  They called it Pyjama Cricket.  So what better than our own game of PJ Cricket?

Image result for beach cricket

And after all that exertion we will need some nice cold refreshments afterwards. So here you go .......

Image result for beach party drinks

Ummm ... I also brought along my best friend, my little dog Holly.  She's in her PJs as well.  And she will be very happy to fetch the ball from the cricket.  Pets were invited, werent they?  'Cos I brought along a couple of her buddies as well.

Image result for dog in pyjamas

Image result for dog in pyjamas

Sherry Heart

LOL @Former-Member Of course fur babies are invited - infact they are mandatory Smiley Very Happy

Seems like you have the games underway already - seeing as you and I are here first we must be batting first - just need a bowler. Toby doesn't chase balls so he may need to be the drinks boy - Holly and her friends can field for us though.

When did night cricket come into being?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Very good @Zoe7.  Ummm, night cricket started with the World Series Cricket, which was a breakaway competition in the late 70's organised by Kerry Packer.  There were Super Tests and One Day Series, and the teams were from all the great cricketing nations of the world.  There was a TV Mini Series (Howzat!) made about the story several years ago.  Part of the one day series was where the colourful clothing first came about, and some of the matches were played under lights at night.  Hence the Pyjama cricket analogy.

So ... do we have any bowlers yet?  I can turn the arm over a bit, medium pace.  I used to play a bit of indoor cricket, though that was quite a few years ago now.  🏏 

Toby is our 12th Man and in charge of drinks.  Where are you Toby?  I need a cold drink.

Sherry 💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance