Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Hi @Sophie1 Yes I do try to find positive ways to release or deal with anxiety.

Although in my work situation (supporting people with challenging behaviours) - staff are not supportive of each other, despite the anxiety-provoking nature of our work (& demands on us).

So we are more or less forced to "keep a stiff upper lip", & pretend that "nothing is a problem" & that we're not anxious.

I find talking to someone who is supportive & understanding (if I can find someone) is helpful - relieves anxiety.

Plus yoga classes, sometimes some nice soothing music.

Drinking tea helps me too.

Adge

hello @Adge , @Sophie1 , @greenpea , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Determined , @Smc , @Owlunar , @Appleblossom 

have  a question ?

mr shaz come up with ideas , and then nothing happens , even with my encouragement it falls flat

like this afternoon mr shaz said " we should go over and take fish and chips and have dinner with MIL and SIL

I said " great idea " , lets ring and go ---- no nothing happened yet

so i texted my SIL , but no reply back

so i said , how about ringing mum about it -- no

this happens  all the time

it is like going somewhere and on the way home mr shaz says " ohh we should of done this "

Following through is often the issue @Shaz51

Any social situation is a product of all the individuals, not just one.

Take Care of you too Bella.

Cant make the others want to play happy all the time.  I have tried that often enough and it becomes me doing all the work.

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Frustrated

Smiley Sad

Smiley Happy

i knew you would understand my @Appleblossom 

and yes in the end we do all the work and that`s it Heart

@Shaz51  

Similar but different - because Mr Darcy suggests so very few things, I do try and follow through on as many as I can. There is still so little that seems to bring him joy and getting out the house is beneficial for both of us. However, if I suggest something, he often takes it as gospel and expects it to happen, he sometimes goes ahead and arranges things before talking to me and confirming that we are both on the same wavelength about things.

if I suggest something, he often takes it as gospel and expects it to happen,, yes same here @Former-Member 

he sometimes goes ahead and arranges things before talking to me and confirming that we are both on the same wavelength about things.-- yes, but only with certain things he will do this

then sometimes I suggest things and he will respond with a NO

but not a lot

What's happening @Shaz51 ?

Hello @Former-Member  how are you and Mr shaz`s twin mr @Former-Member  going

this morning it rained

then we mowed 3 lawns in between showers

and me going to the shops before 12 o`clock

told mum`s washing to her , and put them away and my aunty was there too

home by 1pm and relaxing watching tv

Quiet morning here @Shaz51  we walked into town to to a charity 2nd hand bookshop that we only heard about last weekend that is only open for a few hours a week. Picked up a novel so have been doing some reading.  We did take the dog out but she would not go far at all.

Picked up a novel so have been doing some reading.--- sounds good @Former-Member 

We did take the dog out but she would not go far at all.--- she had enough ayyy , did you have to carry her back home xxxx

my MIL had a full checkup the other day and the doctor is worried about her kidney

i think I will need to change something my legs hurts soooo much

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance