Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

ClockFace
Senior Contributor

Someone like me

Im finding it hard tonight with diagnoses. I mean Im officially diagnosed Bipolar 2 with Psychotic Features, Anxiety and Depression. But I might not have BP2 etc but it could be Schitzoaffective Disorder according to a Psychiatrist I used to see. Most of my psych meds are now primarily used to treat Schitzophernia so does that mean things are leaning more towards Schitzoaffective or Schitzophrenia, I mean the medication is working or are these being used off label?

I have panic attacks but again, not typical. I dont tend to have much in the way of physical signs, I mean I noticable shake but thats about it. Most of what happens is internal, heart races, head pounds, head races, body goes weak and I cant focus on anything. It doesnt sound like a normal panic attack to me

Why if I have BP2 do I also have a diagnosis of Depression as well, isnt Depression apart of BP2?

I have hallucinations, visual, audible and tactile and now delusions.

Now there is depersionalisation/derealisation, Ive had it before like a few times and had it diagnosed as such but never like a disorder just like something that happens on occasion, almost like it was normal. Whats been going on lately is different to in the past, much more intense and lasted longer. The cracks to another world was a new touch.

It seems, mentally my health is degrading quickly. I have a Psychology appointment Saturday morning, there was a second opening a little later in the day and I was really tempted to take that as well. I am waiting on my appointment with my Psychiatrist, I havent had my referral with the company approved yet.

Im hoping that the Psychiatrist can provide a definative diagnosis.

I have a heap of medical issues just to add to the fun. Some are diagnosed and some are being investigated. I am pretty sick of being investigaged medically. Being sick either medically and mentally is expensive, especially the investigative process. I wont go into that but what I am finding hard is looking up my mental illnesses to learn about them there doesnt appear to be anything about the overlap of the illnesses. While I am certain I am not 100% unique in this but I dont seem to find people swimming in the same pond. There's plenty of people with MH Illnesses and combinations of illnesses but my combination I havent been unable to come across.

While there is plenty of support, especially in the SANE community, but tonight Im feeling pretty alone, like there isnt someone like me, someone with the same issues, someone that can provide some kind of guidance, some kind of I dont know, Ive been there, heres what I did or something. Dont get me wrong, people on SANE have been very generous with time and support, but my unique mixture, Id like to meet someone like that.

Added bonus if they have some physical health issues like mine.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Someone like me

Hi @ClockFace 

Unfortunately I can't help but just wanted to reply to validate how tough it all sounds for you. A really good friend has a really similar diagnosis to you and she really struggles. She has a bunch of health issues too like lung issues, back pain, fibromyalgia among others. I feel like she's been dealt such a rough hand. She's a talented graphic designer but can't work anymore due to her issues. She's on NDIS. Her one daughter is amazing and is a nurse so really helpful too. Her husband left her when the daughter was a baby because things got too much for him, ugh. Anyway, I hope someone who can relate reaches out to you who can provide ideas.

Hanami

@hanami 

Once the back procedure settles and the dust settles on my sister and Mum a bit more Im going to reapply for NDIS based on my Mental Health.

They declined me last time because there was more I could do. If I have a Psychiatrist and Psychologist on board I might have a better chance.

OMGosh @ClockFace . If anyone should be entitled to NDIS I have to think you are! The NDIS can be super frustrating. I really hope you can get on it in the near future.

Hanami

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance