Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Place

@Oaktree hey Meggle, how are you today? We had a sunny day here. Was nice and bright. Went outside a bit. Hope your garden is good today

@Shaz51 hey Shaz, great work you have done. Very impressive. Hope we get a chance for cuppa with your new teapot ha

Hi Mumma Bear @Owlunar 

Your self seeding garden sounds wonderful! I love geraniums but my husband hates them so I don’t have any. I wish I could come and start a few herbs and silverbeet for you. It is wonderful to just be able to pick a few things for dinner. So wonderfully fresh and sweet. 

Your biscuits made with the muesli sound good. I used to be able to just throw cereal in a bowl and make cookies and slices out of it as a child but I seem to have lost that ability somewhere along the way.

I am ok, not my happiest but ok. I hope that you are doing well too.

Meggle

@Meowmy @Snowie @Shaz51 @hanami @Owlunar @tyme @ClockFace @tonys @LeChuck @EternalFlower @Eve7 @Zoe7 @TAB @SmilingGecko @StuF @Appleblossom 

Hey guys,

Here is a picture of the ornamental garden steps that I promised you a week ago!

Better late than never...

IMG_5817.jpeg

Today I dodged the rain and repotted my parsley and basil. Just separated it into more pots to give it more room to grow. I put my two long pots of lettuce on my garden steps because it is not bothered about the cold weather. Three of my coloured silver beets have germinated but I planted 12 so hopefully the others are still coming. All of my plants are looking really good. I can't wait until I can afford a truck load of good soil. I am going to turn the top end of where my lawn used to be into a garden bed for veggies. I managed to destroy the lawn by not watering it through the summer. I also have to get the outside taps fixed. Need a plumber for that.

Meggle

Thats a nice looking shelf, it will add character to your garden @Oaktree.  I have not planted in ages but was able to pull weeds out recently.  Really should do some herbs like you as I love fresh herbs in my food.  Last crop was good plenty of carrots and substantial beets and silverbeet. Planning on doing some more. Have to rotate crops. The soil is really good. Picked up some worms in the wet and relocated them to my vegie planters so they may have multiplied hopefully.  Am looking to do compost instead of putting it in the councils compost bin. (My council does that in addition to standard green waste) Need to buy more seeds in the interim. As an aside, my home baked bread is going well. I buy the Seriously low carb seeded bread which is gluten free from Woolies. Ate some today. The loaf is substantial and filling. I have free range eggs direct from a permaculture farm so will have to use them up in more bread making. Not much more to report here. I'm glad youre enjoying your homesteading. I hope you are happy and well

Thanks for your note @SmilingGecko 

Yes I am quite happy and well thanks. I hope you get your garden growing again soon. 

The bread sounds good and I am glad that you are enjoying it. I am useless at making bread. I think something goes wrong in the rising. I don’t think I am patient enough.

Meggle

@Oaktree I used to proove my bread in a slightly warmer place to make it rise, not too hot ie over a vent or something but slightly warm.  I now use a breadmaker and it does it without me having to think about it.  The bread I make comes out like an artisan loaf which is pretty good for someone who's done it on and off.  Investing in a breadmaker takes the guesswork out of it but I do wonder about these poorly made newer brands.  I would go secondhand off ebay to get something sturdy thats going to last.  I used to make spelt bread which was even more filling the loaf was dense and nourishing but these days use a breadmix made out of seeds and sweet potato flour

tonys
Senior Contributor

Wow,  you are such a productive little honey bee @Oaktree   I'm so pleased to you have found happiness and purpose in your garden. Hope you are well and keeping warm. 

Mate, I do have a favour to ask, . .   I know you set up a thread for me with the best intentions,

but I'm afraid having a thread is just not me.  Its a place someone can direct to me,  posts that are not well intentioned and then withdraw them before anyone else see's them,  so I try to stay on threads where there are a few people. Safety in numbers..  The chiefs on Sane have had to help me out a few times and suggest its wise to avoid traps.  I do hope you understand and will do a little carpentry to remove the thread. 

You are a very kind person, but I'm sure you know that bullies are experts at hiding their tracks.

Thankyou so much and do take care.  I do hope you don't mind me visiting you occasionally on your 

thread to reply to your letters and see you progress,  and if i'm ever a bother, do please say.      I respect you very much and value our friendship.

Do take care,  and keep safe n warm.       tonys. 

@tonys 

It’s ok, I will contact Sane and see if they can remove the thread.

Meggle

@Oaktree Thanks for including me in your updates. I have done a lot of gardening today, including dividing parsely and giving my lettuce more space.  Most of it today was heavy work on jasmine and rubber tree.  Well heavy for me ... lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance