Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Loss & grief

What beautiful cats @Bast - and thanks for sharing your last moments with Articulate - how wonderful to have a resting place for him and a funeral - it can bring much needed closure

It will be okay - so tough at first - I have had many cats euthanazed - 5 of them now - it is the best for them and when we love something we want the best

I still seem to see Companion Çat around the floor if I have left my bag there - for she was a dark-coloured cat - and when I go in or out the door I look around my feet to make sure she is not going to run in or out - so in many ways she seems to still be with me

I am glad to be able to share in this time with you because it is a special time - and obviously your boy was very special

Sending my best thoughts

Dec

Dec Hi

Thank you for talking we me as I know that your grief for Companion cat it still so hard. I am so glad that you can feel her prescence. I also think that our furrbabies are always with us. I keep needing to check on Articulate. I to have gone through so many experiences of euthanasia. I feel your pain and the sadness of your loss. Companion cat - says it all. She must have been glorious and loved you entirely. You totally understand that our furr babies need to learn to be indoor children. I was only 20 when I had a special child named Teddy Max hugely hurt on the road. He was rescued by a cat loving neighbour and after some difficult surgery came home. He was so important to me. He escaped again. I carry so much guilt from another cat and I have never been able to speak about it before. I found him in a pet shop - just such horrible places. He was beautiful, shiny and black, I had to carry on to get him. He was named Luficer. He was playful and loving. I had a small knitted cat that he would take around the house yowling happily, he would find it no matter where. He had a stroke and the Vet said it was a spider bite or injury. He had another, I saw him spinning across the floor. He then vomitted after days and I know my partner was angry. I left Articulate that day and did not check well enough. He had lost function. Somehow he dragged himself from the bathroom to hide under a cupboard. I will always feel bad because I didn't help him. I came home from work and I finally found him such a horrific day he must have had. He died in my arms and screamed when he passed. I was so wrong.

The story of Articulate Part IV

Today I again worked to ensure that his resting place would be right. I dug, weeded and mostly put the patio area back together. His grave was further prepared, no more saturation. I just kept on working through the tears. My memories are so vivid and my thoughts continue as a stuck record. It is so hard to have to euthanise a child. My furr babies are my family they all matter so much. I have struggled with being with the others. I think I have become afraid of further loss. They have now started to be with me. Somehow they feel my sadness. We buried him this evening and his funeral was so right. I have received another gift. My swollen eyes have resolved. Articulate is now safe and I can now grieve. I will miss him so much. I understand that he gave me as much time as he could. I know I am so fortunate that he became such a wonderful part of my life.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance