Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Learning CPTSD - lived experience

@Appleblossom apologies for the delay I think therapists can't be therapists if they are judging how "fixed" someone is. There's too much negativity but it also implies there's a stopping point for all adult where they just can't grow within themselves anymore and if that's true then everyone is just stagnated. Some obviously have more rebuilding and growing and other but I just think it's absurd to for a therapist to think it just stops.

Also just a thought ... you are only too open if that' something you actually want to change about yourself. Otherwise it's not your problem it's others who have the problem with receiving openness not you giving it. I hope that makes sense 🙂

@eth do you feel any comfort at all with a percentage of progress? I wonder if she's just putting a number to it for her handover report?

Ohhhhh NO NO NO NO! A support worker does NOT get to say you are whinging!!! Is there any possibility to suggest a change? I am sure they would realise that not everyone is a good fit for each other and it is not your responsibility to things that SHE likes.

If you disagree with anything that is written especially about an incorrect diagnosis it is really important to get that sorted. As part of your medical record who knows who internally that has been shared with and perhaps they have even given the support worker the wrong info?!?!?

Just a quick question to the moderators ... If no-one else responds to the initial post does it just fade away? Just curious about the process of posts 🙂

Hi thanks for your query your post remains in the forum thread.

kind regards peacelily

Hi @-Liz-  sorry for the delay responding.  I'm just back from holidays and still sorting out my settings.

Because my psychologist is so good and such a good fit for me I'm not really concerned about the 85% comment.  I think she just wanted me to know I've made real progress on that issue.

She's not on leave until April so there's plenty of time for her to find a good replacement for me.  But also I'm in a much better place than when I started with her 2 years + ago so it probably won't be a problem if I see the new one less often.  The current one assures me she will do a thorough handover report including my timeline and I am confident in her report writing skills (it was what she said that got me approved by NDIS in the long run) so not too anxious about that at the moment.  

Hope the new year is going ok for you so far.

Hello @-Liz- Heart

remember to put a @ in front of members names so they will receive your email messages 

@eth@peacelily@Appleblossom@outlander 

@Isabelle 

Hi @-Liz- 

I think this is a very helpful idea, I know that sometimes I learn the best when people ask me questions too. 

I was diagnosed with CPTSD about 3 years ago after a long run in and out of psych wards and being passed from one professional to another for help. I was lucky enough to have a good therapist that helped me process a lot of this stuff through EMDR and general CBT and DBT which has allievated most symptoms for me. I feel like I can manage pretty well most days and have been told that I am "high functioning" (I don't know if I like this term very much. I appreciate it's clinical importance but it feels a little pretensious at times). The thing I struggle with the most nowadays and would be interested in hearing from others, is seperating the traumas and "my identity". I hope that makes sense? I struggle to fit all the facets in my life into compartments and I feel the traumas that bought on the CPTSD and the years in treatment for it sort of leak into all these different compartments. I struggle with the concept of identity outside of my traumas, (being diagnosed with DID doesn't help aha). And definetly struggle to relate with others that have not been through trauma. Not sure what I am asking. Thank you for listening to my stream of thoughts. And thank you for the tag @Shaz51 

X

X

Thanks for tag @Wanderer 

Great that your psychologist is keen to work with you.  Hope restrictions ease soon, but not sooner than safe, if you know what I mean.

@-Liz-Thank you for those responses. I did not see the post til now, even tho you tagged me, maybe I just missed it.

I appreciate your input, as I have difficulty speaking up in real time about issues.  That psychologist has gone by the wayside, she became abusive and I am wondering if I should lodge a complaint, as there is probably a record on zoom??  I am sticking with the OT as she is trying and actually comes up with therapies and links and ideas and brings something to each session.

The forum is often fluid. Cant tell how many are going to read posts, who is reading or will add to threads. I have persevered, even if there is a long delay, and found it helpful.

Liz I hope you are coping with lockdown and life ...

Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance