Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

janedoe2
Senior Contributor

Had to call for help

My partner of 10 years who suffers with schizophrenia became very unwell and I had to call an ambulance. He is now safe in the hospital but has cut all ties with me because I put him in there.

Not an easy experience. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Had to call for help

Hi @janedoe2,

I can only imagine how hard it must of been for you to have had to call the ambulance for your partner.  What a difficult situation that must of been for you. I am glad to read that he is safe - hopefully that brings you some comfort.

I'm sorry that your partner has cut of all ties - sounds like you were really stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm sure you have done the best thing for your partner and hopefully when you partner is in a better headspace your partner will see you called the ambulance because of your genuine love and concern for them.

Do you have someone to talk with about this or someone who can be with you at this difficult time? If you would like to talk with someone the SANE Support Centre is a free service which is available from 10am-10pm Monday to Friday. We have counsellors and peer support workers available to support you via phone (1800 18 7263) or webchat.

What you and your partner have both gone through would have been a really confronting and challenging experience and I hope you both get the support and care you need.

Best wishes, 

FloatingFeather

Re: Had to call for help

Hi @janedoe2 

What a tough decision you had to make but you really did do what you had to. I'm so sorry he has reacted this way. Hopefully as he gets treatment and begins to feel better he will come around and reach out to you. Hopefully he will see it's due to the fact you love and care for him that you did what you did.  

Keep reaching out.

Hugs

Hanami 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance