Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dealing with intrusive thoughts - my struggle!

How are you going @outlander? 💚🌻

@Molliex  💕💕

Hi @Former-Member. How have you been? 🌼💜

Ive been away all week, visiting family and staying with my dad. @Molliex 

Very tired now, after 7 hour drive home. Heading off to bed, as an early night is needed. 😀

Hey @Molliex 

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday,  I was at work all day then I had to organise dinner etc then I was exhausted. 

I was glad to read your post but I'm wary to gush about how well things are going for you as I know things are still so raw and tough for you atm. 

It is good the your Gp listened and changed your meds and it's good that your SH isn't happening atm either.

I'm sorry that your SI is still there,  keep connected to the forum, crisis chats/calls, I  like the SANE chat personally. 

Thanks for asking about me 💙 I'm doing okay, I had no SH for 6 days then I gave in last night in an impulsive manner.   But it wasn't serious like some of my previous times so I can brush it off I think.   The SH urges are taking their toll on me, so I'm trying to use my DBT distress tolerance skills to help prevent a relapse.

I will say a little prayer of thanks for you @Molliex  because you're my good friend.   

Much love, Angels333 💕💕💕💕💕

Thank you beautiful @Angels333 for your thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you're mostly managing to not SH, and are being kind to yourself when you slip. I hope you've had a nice Sunday. 

Hello all. Sorry for not being around so much to offer my support. I've been here, in the background, thinking of you all. 

I'm currently transitioning meds, and it's a really hard time. I am so nauseous and headachy. The air has been better the last couple of days, and that's helped with my asthma. The smoke + respiratory issues + anxiety = a tough time. I haven't been managing well. 

I'm just tired and holding out for a small break over Christmas. 

Hope you all are having a pleasant weekend. 💚🌻💚🌻💚🌻🌻💜

@Angels333 @Former-Member @outlander @Owlunar @eth @Flying_Hams @BlueBay @Maggie and anyone else passing by 💜

Many are holding out for that Christmas break @Molliex

I know the feeling... Three days of work left.

Hi @Molliex   Thinking of you when you're not around.  Sorry to hear life is challenging you at the moment.  Hang in there.  Adjusting to new meds can take a while, I've been through that many times and am on a new one at the moment myself.  Which isn't working yet.  I get that it's hard to feel hopeful when side effects are worse than benefits.  Hopefully you are staying in contact with the person who prescribed them or at least your GP to monitor the side effects.  take care xx

Hi @Molliex 

It's okay to be in the background just reading at times - I do that sometimes - I am pretty sure it's a pretty common thing - there are times when I just can't think of anything useful to say - I felt like that yesterday - I'm pretty sure the weather in Melbourne is driving people to believe that summer might happen in the future but we are not sure - and where you are it's smoke, smoke and more smoke - not pleasant at all

So you are transitioning medication - with nausea and headaches - not good - and you have been battling with smoke - breathing difficulties - anxietyn etc and not managing well -

No wonder you are hanging out for a break at Christmas - hold on - it will get here - we have one every year and is one is 10 days away now

But it ain't easy - thinking of you

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance