Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Any diagnosed germophobes or hoarders on this forum?

Thank you so much for your love and care @Dimity  @Snowie  @Eve7  @creative_writer ❤️

I'm a complete mess with not much to give at the moment. I spoke harshly to my family yesterday who were less than kind about me not coping at the moment. I even asked them to not to talk to me for a month or two if they couldn't be supportive. I've never done anything like that before, and it's not sitting right with me. Guilt's eating away at me and I didn't sleep last night despite my heavy-duty sleeping tablets. 

I apologised to my brother this morning, but can't face my mother's casual cruelty. 

I can't focus on anything, can't seem to regulate my emotions, am swinging wildly all over the place from anger to depression and everything in between. Have no idea whether I'll even be able to go to work tomorrow. I think I'll contact my psychologist on Monday and ask for a cancellation appt. I usually only see her once a month but I need some strategies/advice on how to handle this. It's like some sort of extended meltdown. 

Thanks for listening, dear friends ❤️

@Dimity wrote:

Oh @NatureLover I'm sorry to hear you've got so much happening and you're struggling. Your psychologist definitely let you down. All that stress wouldn't be helping your levels of inflammation or even your memory. How are you sleeping? I hope you can rest well between onslaughts. I'm happy to support you if sharing helps. I do look forward to your posts and wisdom, which often make me reconsider - it's refreshing. 

Thanks for your kind words @Dimity  ❤️

Does itchiness mean inflammation, generally? 

Good luck this week with your burdens and the house... 🤞

Sorry it’s been so difficult for you @NatureLover  😞  

hoping you manage to get a cancellation appointment with your psychologist. 

Thanks, @Bow 

Hope you have a good day with your daughter today. 

@NatureLover it is so hard with family and them understanding our MI. Sometimes you just have to tell them straight out. 

I'm sorry things are so super hard for you.

Please remember we are here for you through all the good and bad times.

Sending lots of love 💜💜 

@NatureLover, asking to be put on the cancellation list sounds like a good idea. I really hope you can get in to see your psych soon and find healing in it. I hope kinder days are to come 💖🫂

Hugs @NatureLover it's hard to focus when we're miserable but selfcare and finding distractions are important. It's good if you can be open with your brother but perhaps things go back a long way with your mother and are outside of your control - but still hurtful and triggering. I hope your psychologist can advise and help.

Yes if your skin goes from itchy to red and sore it's inflamed and might need the gp to look at it. I found a tiny tube of prescription ointment can give great relief. 

I hope you feel well enough to work tomorrow - and that your psychologist can fit you in. Take care, and I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you so much for your caring message, dear @Snowie  ❤️

It's funny, I'm quite open about my MIs usually, but with family there's all these hang-ups.

I'm a bit calmer today thankfully, and have reconciled with my brother. 

Thanks again ❤️

Thanks for your kind, caring words @creative_writer  ❤️

How are you doing?

Thank you for your kind words and hugs, dear @Dimity  ❤️

I feel calmer this morning and a bit stronger. I managed to go to work yesterday and I think it did me good - allowed me to focus on other things and to feel more in control and back in routine a little. 

Today I have a second appt for that MHCP and I hope the GP will agree to it. My psychologist has assured me she's emailed the letter to her. After that I hope to tackle goodness knows what in the house - something, anything!

My hands are soooo itchy so I will stop the QV soap trial today. I will keep the soap though, to trial again a second time down the track, in case it's not that. It looks like I will have to go to the GP about the itchiness soon, but that will probably mean a referral to a dermatologist by the sounds of it, and I've had too many doctors appts and germ exposures lately so am putting it off. 

Today your helper is coming - I will be interested to see what she says about the room she wanted you to clear over the last week. Do you have a plan for your time with her today? 

I hope it goes well... sending 💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance